Oct 3, 2006

Leo..The Tech Guru (Sorry Luis..you're still my hero LOL)


Podcasting's Reluctant
Evangelist>>>more
from Wired.com

Leo Laporte....this man can do no wrong. I have called in twice to the show, KFI Tech Guy and let me tell you, this guy is so nice, so humble. He does not mind helping you out at anytime, if he has the answer, he gives it to you; if he doesn't have the answer, he will let you know and will throw the question out to the listeners for the answer. For a gentleman who is known really around the tech world this guy is so down to earth it makes you wander, "why can't all geeks be this way?" Leo has made learning computing, learning about tech gadgets, fun, entertaining, educational all at the same time.

I remember first hearing and seeing him on TechTV along with Patrick Norton, Kevin Rose, Roger Chang, Chris Pirillo and the whole gang. To me this was "smart television". But smart does not roll over to good ratings. After 5 years Paul Allen sold it and the channel became G4 TV and down it went. I had a gut feeling Leo would be gone soon because to me G4 is very low brow. Fast foward to now....

Leo has a much larger following now and it makes me smile because with him and the ex-TechTV group doing their own podcast, video show over the internet it gives me hope that nice guys (especially geeks) sometime finish first. This is why I do what I do and hope one day I can help as many or more people like this true gentleman is doing.

Thank you for taking time out and sharing your knowledge Leo. And by the way, congrads on your award.

other tech news: YouTube Is 'Goin' Down', Dunn gave phone numbers to PIs, Halo universe expands as fans wait

christian news: Mark Foley claims being molested as teen, Ozone hole matches record size, Typhoon toll rises above 150

photo: google image

No comments:

Post a Comment