Oct 5, 2006

Tech News for Thursday


The Rise And Fall
(And Rise?) Of AOL
>>>more
from techWeb.com

This is a pretty interesting article about AOL from it's beginning to now. I think mostly everyone started with AOL, I know I did. It introduced me to the internet from home. As I began to know more and more about the web I found AOL very limiting but I am thankful for using AOL because hey, we have to begin somewhere, right?

I hope AOL does revamp because many people (older people in general) just want to log on the web and get to surfing. I know AOL has some dark spots on their record like it would take 'forever and day' to cancel you subscription with AOL and as other companies made surfing the web cheaper and faster AOL fell way behind the times. I think most of was executives just not getting the hint that why spend over $30 to surf the web via dial-up when you can pay that much to have DSL? I think there was some exploiting of computer novices not knowing the ends and outs of the internet but one thing companies have to realize, you can't keep people in boundage forever.

AOL will be around I believe for a while and they are doing what they can (sorry about the 5,000 that lost their job with reconstruction of the company, my prayers are with you) but it takes time because when you move out the 'innovators' and replace them with greedy 'suits' an implosion is going to happen. Best wishes and many blessing for the future of AOL....you are needed. :-)

other tech articles: Mysterious blog scooped media on Foley messages, Cisco spends millions, Stephen Hawking to write his ‘Grand Design’

Tech Podcasts: KFI Tech Guy 287, Engadget Podcast 090

Christian articles: Words To Remember, Bible tells Christians not to marry non-believers, Males, Females, and Emails

Christian Podcasts: The Alternative, The Who, Where and Why of Evangelism


What Women Need...
* To be loved

* To be understood

* To be appreciated

* To be needed


"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself." - Ephesians 5:25-28
"Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them."-Colossians 3:19

photo: google image

No comments:

Post a Comment