Oct 22, 2006

Devotions and Tech News for Monday


The Cross>>>**more
from In Touch Ministries

I don't wear a cross around my neck, I don't deserve it and I will not trivialize it because I know what Jesus Christ had to give up for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone who wears a cross around their neck is not for real about Christ because each of us has their reason for wearing one...or not.

Just knowing what God had to do from the beginning of time blows me away. Knowing that we were going to sin even before Adam and Eve walked the earth He knew He was going to have to turn away from His only son because of the sins you and I have done and will do in the future. When watching the Passion of the Christ and to see how Christ Jesus stood in my place knowing what he was going to endure makes me grateful and sad.

I had a meltdown today. I have a step son who tried to take my life about 5 years ago because I asked him to wash the dishes. Me and his mother had not been married no more than two years and it ended up with him and I getting into a argument, a scuffle (this is the result of his natural father not stepping up to the plate and not being a man from the beginning..to all the brothers out there, White and Black, if you're not willing to be responsible for a child, don't bring life into this world) and he ended up trying to take my life. I saw him today and a flood of that day came rushing back on me and I was about to do something I know I shouldn't do; I am trying to get past this, like a friend always says to me, "I am a work in progress". I have tried and tried and I say that I have forgiven him but deep down I haven't. Knowing that you treat their mother like a queen and they know I have never disrespected her in anyway you would think I would have a great relationship with them..but I don't. It's very hard to be a step parent and I have come to accept the fact they (her children from a previous marriage) probably will never accept me but there is nothing I would not do for this beautiful woman that is my wife and even though these are not my grandchildren by blood I love them just the same. This has been very hard on her as well because by him being the youngest, that's the baby child. She has not made excuses for his action but she's caught in a dilemma as well.

So to know that I am not a Jew by blood but how Christ gave His life for me to have everlasting life in heaven makes me feel ashamed of my behavior today. But i will ask for forgiveness, not condemn myself and keep going because God's love for me is real and He knew this was going to happen before I even we walked down the isle my wife and I and said "I do."

The cross for me is not just a piece of jewelry to worn around my neck, but it is my beginning, my middle, my end. His(Jesus Christ) broken by body has been my healed soul and spirit, knowing that I will reign with God forever and ever is all I need to know.

I don't need to wear a cross because it is in my heart, spirit, and soul. Keep me lifted up in prayer.

Be Blessed, Be Safe, & have a productive work week everyone.

Love you :-)

~Praying For Our Children~
from Christian Embassy Church

Faith

"Lord, help my children to fight the good fight of faith, taking hold of the eternal life to which they were called".


other devotions: Ripples, People Are Watching, Temporary . . .

tech news: Security analysts: Mac attacks rare but may rise, PlayStation 3 shines in prelaunch test, *No HDTV for Me

netcast for today: TWiL 1: Hank Barry, KFI Tech Guy 294, NPR: Technology

christian netcast: The Things God Uses - Part 1, Antichrist, America and Armageddon, Trust Him - Part 3

*Article is from January 2006 but a good article
**Must read devotion

headline news>>>click here

1 comment:

  1. i pray you continue to love them as best you can. do that and whether they accept you or not, you've done what the Lord has called you to do.

    ReplyDelete