Oct 6, 2006

Devotions for Friday...Happy Friday everyone!!! :-)


The Result of Rejecting God>>>more
from In Touch Ministries

Romans Chapter 1 is a awesome and powerful chapter by the apostle Paul. Here lets you know the rewards and love for God and dangerous results when you are deny our Heavenly Father. Ever wonder why some people end keep indulging in somethings and do not learn from them even though they have had countless times to turn things around? It may be the Lord has turned them over to their ways.

People always asked how can God allow some horrendous things to happen to people. I may not have all the answer but this I have learned...God can not violate His own law. God has given us all free will, that is what so awesome and remarkable about our Lord and Savior. He could have made us love Him, but that's not free will.

Example, I love my wife, I love her dearly. We are one by marriage but she still is a grown woman, she has her own interest. What would it look like that I'm constantly telling her what to do at all times. Or what if I began having an affair with someone else. We're married true, but I'm still a grown person. She can not stop me if that is what I have set in my heart to do. But the consequences are very damaging.

I lose my marriage, my grandchildren, my respect from my family, friends, church congregation...I can do what I wish but is it worth the risk?

God is long suffering, very patient but some believe God does not have a time limit...He does. It's the same when Jesus was teaching the parable of Lazarus and rich man. Once the reach man died and was looking up to Abraham and begging even to send himself to go back and warn his brothers about the terrible place he would be forever, Abraham told him that his brothers has Moses and the prophets and if they do not believe those men of God nothing else would change their hearts.

That is how God is with all of us on this earth, if you wish to keep living together instead of marriage, go right ahead...but what's the saying, "why buy milk when you got the cow at home?" If you wish to keep stepping out on your spouse, it's your choice. We have diseases out here now that medicine can't cure (and it's a drain financially, physically, mentally on you).

The things above I have mention, living outside of God's will you and I have done one time or another. But to know that we have a loving God that will welcome us back if we are truly sorry for what we have done, repent of our sins, and live according by His word, our lives are so much peaceful. Will we have trials? Yes. Will temptation come to us from time to time? Yes. God never promised us that once we give our life over to Him everything "will be coming up roses". But here is what I know personally, for myself. Once I made became a Christian, that empty void is now filled. I never tried drugs but I have ran the streets, stolen, tried to play the field with many women (tried to play the field...it's draining) read and practice other religions and I have always come up still having that empty feeling...that "missing puzzle piece".

Giving my life to Christ Jesus...now the puzzle is complete.

Have a Blessed,
Safe & Fun Weekend.

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

Love For God's Word

"God, help my children to love justice as You do and act justly in all they do".


other devotions: Keep on Keeping On, A 19-Mile Fall, The Seeking Instinct

Tech news: Google's Writely mostly hits the mark, eHarmony Finds Own Fulfillment, Former H.P. Chairwoman Makes Court Appearance

Christian & Tech netcast for today: Our Textbook - Part 1, Our Textbook - Part 2, Security Now! 60: Q&A #11

photo: google image






No comments:

Post a Comment