Oct 4, 2006

The Question Still Remains...Why Should We Upgrade To Vista?


Vista to take hard
stand against piracy>>>more
from msnbc.com


A couple of days ago I wrote about how I think Microsoft maybe trying to push Windows & XP users to Vista. Now Microsoft will admit tougher ways from pirating Windows when it begins shipping next January. In the article it mentions how they sort of have this in effect with Windows XP and I have to agree...it is more a nuisance.

I'm running legitimate copies of XP and 2000 and I find myself using 2000 more so than XP and to be honest I won't be using Vista unless it is on a pre-installed machine. I have another question...why should we upgrade to Vista?

I mean Microsoft Office has not really changed, I have Microsoft Office XP Pro and I bumped back to Office 2000 Pro on both of my machines. I use Microsoft Office 2006 (or is it 2007) and I find that more of pain to use than anything (and why does the stupid Clip Board keeps popping up?) I ranted about this in an earlier blog entry talking about OpenOffice VS. Microsoft Office so I won't repeat myself but one thing is clear....Microsoft needs to hit this one out of the ball park.

I'm still holding to the possibility that they may try to bully people into upgrading to Vista and to be honest it would make sense. Apple only has to worry about one OS to make updates, Microsoft has to deal with 3 OS. They are in a pickle, which way do they go? One geek brother explained Windows XP to me this way, "It's Windows 2000 with a WHOLE lot of sugar" and I have heard XP referred to as "Fisher Price Windows 2000".

Leo Laporte has a new podcast aimed only for Vista. I will begin listening to them. Who knows, I may just change my mind and dive right into Vista....Nah.

other tech articles: Microsoft spin-off to take on MySpace, Jobs Knew About Backdating Of Stock Options, A Whole New Meaning for ‘Ego Googling’a>

Christian articles:
Business or ministry?, Humpty Dumpty Sat on a Wall, Bible class draws student support

Christian & Tech Podcast: The Alternative, FLOSS Weekly 13

photo: google image

No comments:

Post a Comment