Oct 9, 2006

Devotions for Monday

Keep Running!>>>more
from Harvest Online

Here it is another Monday morning, going into a job that is something I really don't care for, speaking with people that I not really grateful, working with some people that I don't get along with from time to time. I want to call in, I want to take this day and rest from the long weekend dealing with 4 beautiful grandchildren and our wonderful niece. I could take off, I have some PTO available but I have to keep pressing on because I have an obligation to my God, myself, to my wife, to my job.

It's the same for our Lord and Savior, He did not have to go to calvary for us but He did so we can have a covenant with God again. There are going to be times when we get tired of the persucutions of others, dealing with the rejection from co-workers, family members, friends who don't understand your way of living for the Lord...you have to keep pressing on not only for ourselves but for Jesus Christ. We have to reach as many people as possible not only by our words but by our actions, the way we live our lives.

Everyday before I sit in front of the computer I get nervous on what to type, what to say, I go blank. And every time my Heavenly Father gives me the words and wisdom to say what needs to be shared with you, the readers. Satan attacks me every morning, "why are doing this? This is a waste of time. You're not reaching anyone. You're never going to be able to do this full-time." But he's a liar because whenever you're close to your mark that is when it becomes the roughest to keep going. It's worth the pain to keep pushing forward.


Whatever God has put in your heart to pursue, being a doctor, being a writer, being a stay home mother (which is a full time job in itself...what would we do without you), your children will try you, test and exams may get tough, not getting the reconition you deserve...keep pushing on because your hard work is not in vain. Your Father is putting people in your path that one day when you least expect it your hard work will all pay off. I remember what Dr. Charles Stanley once said and I hold on to it..." when we are waiting, God is working."

Hold on to the faith.

Have a Blessed and Productive Monday.

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

Respect

"Lord, help my children to show proper respect to everyone, as your Word commands".


other devotion readings: The Greatness of God, Choosing and Using Time, The Scrabble Syndrome

tech articles: Is Google buying YouTube?, MySpace Attracting An Older Internet Crowd, Dunn, Fiorina lash out at HP board

netcast for today: Thru the Bible Questions & Answers, A Word To Those Who've Had Enough - Part 1, TWiT 72: Ready Clench

photo: google image

No comments:

Post a Comment