Oct 24, 2006

Wednesday Devotions & Tech News


Your Body—God’s Temple>>>more
from In Touch Ministries

I'm glad Dr. Stanley brings this subject up about our bodies, what I may write may offend some people but I say this out of love. This is aimed for men and women (especially women) in the body of Christ because even today I believe many churches are not addressing this subject..taking care of our body.

Women and men of Christ, again I say this out of love but we have a crisis on our hands. The divorce rate are just as high as non-Christians. We are not taking are time when it comes to choosing our mates (we spend more time choosing a home, a car, a computer than choosing a mate for life). So many things we have to take into consideration, the mental state of the person we will bring in our lives, their love for the Lord, their discipline, their finances (yes their finances..that is one of the leading causes of divorce) and our appearance. Many churches don't wish to address this because the subject is sensitive, especially toward the sisters in the body of Christ but this must be said...ladies, our queens, we men are PHYSICAL creatures, there I said it but it's true.

This is not the only thing that attracts men to you but it's very important. God wired us to be visual and women to be internal. This does not give us men the right to be dogs and try to sex anything with a hole(hey, we are all grown here and trying to keep this subject as real as possible..this is why many non-Christians look at us and laugh, how can we tell them to keep their relationship intact if we can't). We, men and women have to keep our bodies in tact for our mates once we are married, plain and simple. We are all going to gain weight over the years but this does not mean we just let ourselves go. I have heard so many women over the years say, "he should love me just the way I am". Very true he should and I truly believe he does but I have heard it best put this way (from the Simpsons more or less) Marge told Homer when he was deliberately putting on weight, "I'm still in love with you Homer, but not attracted to you sexually the way I once was."

Many and I do mean many men Christians or non-Christians do want to step out on their spouse "just because", physical attraction plays a very big part of a relationship. Read the book *Song of Solomon. Every time the woman describes him she says, "my lover"...intimately, inwardly; when the man describes his lover he describes her physical beauty. To a man this is not the whole package but I'm not going to lie, it's a pretty big part of the package. Now let me say this to the man, this gives you no right, NO RIGHT to step out on your spouse when she begins to pick up weight or you think she is not keeping up herself the way she used to(she is the mother of your children, a housewife, so don't use the "Eric Benet" syndrome,"I have to have sex or I will die"). I'm tired of men using that as a cop out to have affairs with someone else, she is your best friend, your mate for life. And to my sisters in Christ, don't get upset when the subjects comes up because we have to be open with one another, this is what keeps a marriage strong, (but fellows be tactful when you bring it up please..she's a woman, your queen okay?)

Fellows, this does not mean we let ourselves go as well. How can I tell my spouse I want her a certain size and I'm not pushing away from the kitchen table myself...really do you think your spouse want someone as big as Biggie Small on top of her doing love making, I don't think so (like I said, I'm trying to keep this as real as possible).

To single men and women, keep yourselves together as well, physically, spiritual, and mentally as well. I have come across many of beautiful women in my days and as soon as they open their mouths my interest in them went right out the window.

And to the fellows, pick up good hygiene habits please. Women do not want a man that looks sloppy, don't wash his hands after using the restroom (yes women pay attention to this). God place place men and women on this earth not only to be man and wife but He also wanted you and I to take care of ourselves the best to our ability, to have fun in and out the bedroom. How can we win people to the body of Christ when we look like something the cat dragged in, it's just not possible.

Women, be true to yourselves and believe me, when your husband see that you are taking care of yourselves spiritually, mentally, and physically there is nothing he will not do for you and men, learn to appreciate the tremendous job your wife is trying to do not only by being a mother, a helper but by being a lover as well. The world is watching us, we (men and women) can't look young forever but if we keep our 'Temple' the best way we can we will have a happy, joyful, and strong marriage.

*Please read the books of Song of Solomon

Be Blessed,
Be Safe, &
Have a Great, productive Day.

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church


"God of Hope, grant that my children may overflow with hope and hopefulness bu the power of the Holy Spirit".





No comments:

Post a Comment