Oct 24, 2006

Two Good (and fun) Things Coming This Week To The Web


Firefox 2>>>more
from CNet.com

Two good things are being released this month which to me that makes the web fun...Mozilla Firefox and Vox. Firefox 2.0 web browser has improved their browser and this is the reason I will not make IE7(Internet Explorer 7 now released) my main web browser. What make Firefox a cool browser is the features, the plug-ins, the tabbing (without this tabbing, I could not do my blogs as smooth as I do), the themes I can change, but it's the security that has always sold me on this open source product.

By this being open source it's like having a 24 hour security system for your browser. A couple of other things they have added that is cool is the spell checker, this works great for when you're doing blogs and it's has a tool where you can add words to your personal dictionary as well. CNet gives this product 8.3(how they come with the .3 I have no idea) out of 10. My advise to you, load it on your system and use IE7 only for either your updates for Windows or when you truly have to use the "other" web browser.

Firefox is available for the Mac, Windows, and Linux, check it out.

The other good thing that is being released to the public is a blogging tool from Ben and Mena Trott from Six Apart, Vox. This Thursday they are taking of the beta and invite sticker and releasing it to the public. I have been using Vox for a couple of months now and let me tell you, this to me is the "Apple" of blogging for me. It really makes blogging fun again. From the quick, interchangable templates, to uploading audio, video this let's do what you have always wanted to do...write. I like Blogger, my main blog is with Blogger what I like about it is I can tweak it by adding different items to it but sometime you can get bogged down with just doing that...tweaking it. With Vox (which is my personal blog) I can write and keep going. Some people may not like because you can't tweak it like TypePad, WordPress, or Blogger but to my advise..enjoy Vox for what it is...a fun tool to get to writing. A big shout out to Ben, Mena and the entire group from Six Apart for coming out with this wonderful, fun blogging tool, the Macintosh of blogging.

My advise, download the latest Firefox, use Vox, open upten (I know "upten" is not a word but it's a fun word so bear with me, okay?)tabs on Firefox, load audio tracks on Vox and blog to your hearts content. This way you can listen to tracks from other "Voxers" and write at the same time...a win-win situation.

Be Blessed, Be Safe &, never take that special person in your life for granted.

other tech news:
Hacker claims to have cracked iPod restrictions, Microsoft Offers Vista Discounts To Holiday Shoppers, World's fastest texter bested by computer

Christian reading for your soul: Commitment, Characteristics Of Great Leaders, How Could Someone So Persecute Jesus!

netcasts for your spirit and tech for your head: Replace a Critical Attitude . . . ( Part 2 ), MacBreak Weekly 12: Smokin', The Sounding of the Seventh Trumpet, NerdTV - Show 1 - Andy Hertzfeld

headline news>>>click here

photo: google image

1 comment:

  1. I am hardly breathing...waiting for the full release of FF2. I wish they would do it now!!

    ReplyDelete