Oct 28, 2006

Weekend Devotions & Tech News


Wisdom for Good Health>>>more
devotion from In Touch Ministries

I had posed this question last week...why, as Christians when we are in the world, we eat right, exercise, make sure we look good but as soon as we give our life over to the person who made the above things possible we just let ourselves go? Not all Christians but many of my brothers and sisters in Christ begin to look homely, overweight, sluggish, we get the attitude, "if they love me they will just accept me for who I am." Wrong answer. I'm not saying go get yourself in debt just look good, smell good...heck no. There is a balance and we have the greatest blueprint on how to maintain a balance life...the Holy Bible.

Too many of Christians wait on God to do everything for them and we seem to forget it is a partnership, a covenant with God that we have with one another. Abram(before God changed his name to Abraham) told him to leave his pagan society to follow Him(Abram was from a pagan society and God ask him to make the leap of faith, I am so glad he made the choice to follow our Lord and Savior). God told Abram but did not force him to leave because remember God gave you and I free will to obey or disobey Him
. The same went for Noah. We have seen great people in the Bible disobey our Father, Jonah, Samson, David, Solomon...the point is we have that choice but there are consequences for our actions as well.

We are in a covenant with God. Not only does he want our spirit to be one with Him but also our health. How can we witness to people if we look a mess? We have to watch we put in our bodies, we have to exercise because we may not want to believe it but we live in a shallow world. I'm not saying that's the only thing to focus on but we have to in the world but not of the world.

We have to be healthy not only for God but for ourselves: being in shape gives you a pep in your step, you spend less on clothing (I'm 6'4" 280lbs, believe me I have a hard time finding clothing now. I can't imagine if I was 325, 425lbs), you're better in the bedroom for your spouse; it's a plus all around to be fit. We have to stay healthy for the people in our lives because you're a inspiration to your spouse, your children. They, we, want you around for a very long time.

Our bodies are our temples, just like our the vehicles we drive; take care of bodies and our bodies will take care of us.

Be Blessed, Be Safe, and have a fantastic weekend. :-)

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church


"Father, I pray my children would ask and that you would generously give wisdom to them as you promise".


Christian devotions:

Tech News:

Netcast to help you know:
Christian audio to help you grow:
image: google image





No comments:

Post a Comment