Oct 25, 2006

Thursday Devotion & Tech News


What Happened at the Cross>>>more
from In Touch Ministries

I love God's word, the mind of God. To me this is the only book you and I can read over and over and find new meaning, deeper revelation each and every time. Just when I think I know what happened at the Cross I may read the same passage and receive a better understanding of why Christ died for us. It's amazing of Christ true love for me, for you, for anyone that turns over their life to Jesus.

I am deep thinker, I'm not a brainy or anything but I think about certain situation and really ponder about them like with our Lord and Savior: to know that not only the anguish He was going to face, the friends you were going to make only to know in the end that one will betray you, one will deny you not only once but three times. Twelve men that walked with you for 2-3 years will now run for cover because they were afraid that they would receive the same fate Jesus did. To be riding on a donkey receiving praises one moment and being cursed at, spit upon the next. Knowing that your entire body would be ripped open down to the bone, beating so bad that you would not be recognized. Having to carry your own cross to the place you would hang for hours while people jeered at you, making fun of you. And all of this knowing that down the road that people to this day will say that you were a fake, a fairy tale, that people will think it's foolish to follow someone like yourself...why would Jesus put himself through this? He knew we could not save ourselves and most important His love for you and I.

I hear scholars try and explain the reason why we humans are the way that we are. As a child I was very interested in science and after all I have learned I have come to realize one thing more and more, to me the Holy Bible explains it all for me. It's amazing how I have done things and asked myself, "why in the heck did I do that?" Then I get into God's word and it makes it clear to me plain and simple...I was born into sin. I know I can not do anything without Him and I am so grateful. To me, atheists can call me foolish all they want but I know His goodness, His mercy, His grace for me, His love for me is true. Not because someone made me believe in Him, I grew up in church, walked away from God, tried other ways to feel that void in my life through reading horoscopes, reading Rune cards and stones but none of them performed the major thing that my Lord and Savior performed...He died for my sins so I live today and forever. To have happiness not only in heaven but on this earth as well and spread His Good News.

Thank you Lord for giving me another chance, for not giving up on me...Thank you.

Be Blessed, Be Safe, & Have a Great and Productive day everyone (you and yours)

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

Patience

God, strengthen my children with all power, so that they may have great endurance and patience.


other devotions: The Power of a Testimony, No Need to Pack, Ask More

tech news: Sports stay the same as technologies change, Security, Networks To Converge, And Move Offshore, Oracle to offer Red Hat Linux support

Christian netcast: Behaviors That Bind Us - Part 1, The Alternative, The 2nd Coming, Millennium and Final Judgment

tech netcast: Futures in Biotech 7: Dr. Ronald Desrosiers, Vickram’s View, KFI Tech Guy 289

for headlines news>>>click here

image: allposters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment