Oct 23, 2006

Tuesday Devotion & Tech News


The Message of the Cross>>>more
from In Touch Ministries

What does the Cross mean to you? This devotion by Dr. Charles Stanley looks at it from different perspectives; from Pilate's view, from the disciples' view, from Mary's view, from the Pharisees and Sadducees' view, even from Judas's view. How about your view?

I remember when I REALLY became saved. The year 2000, my wife and I was sitting in our pastor's office and him asking was I saved. I told him that I raised in church and I had been baptized but in my heart I really did not know if I was. When the pastor showed me the passage in Romans and read it aloud it was like a huge weight had been lifted off of me and I really began to understand who Christ Jesus was and what the Cross meant to me.

It meant no more guessing about my salvation, it meant how much Christ Jesus gave up for me to have internal happiness and joy. The Cross meant to me where Jesus kept himself up for me because He knew what kind of person I was and what kind of person I could be once I gave my life over to Him. The Cross meant to me at was at a crossroads...either I was for Him or against Him, I know longer wanted to be against Him. The Cross meant to me I had to let go my own ways, my so called friends and be an outcast for people who did not understand my new life and ways. It's been a rough road but they is no way I could ever go back to the old life, never.

I have always been a "strange" kid coming up, an outcast. But now I realize if I'm going to be an outcast I might as well be in the best "outcast" camp there is...my Lord and Savior. I thank you Lord that you kept me alive so I can become one of your allies instead of one of your enemies. God is long suffering and does not wish anyone to perish. There is a saying that God watches over babies and fool, thank you Father for watching over me as an baby and given this "ol' fool" time to come to my senses and give my life to you.

Be Blessed, Be Safe, and have a productive day everyone.

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

A Servant's Heart

"God, help my children develop servants' hearts, that they may serve wholeheartdly".


other devotions: The Power of a Changed Life, The World's Patina, Be An Example

other tech news: Sony recalls 3.5 million more batteries, Google raises curtain on customized search engine, Mozilla unleashes Firefox 2

Christian & tech netcast for today: The Things God Uses - Part 2, Antichrist, America and Armageddon, The Alternative, Daily Giz Wiz 177: Pzizz, NPR:Science Friday, *NerdTV - Show 1 - Andy Hertzfeld

for headline news>>>click here

image: allposters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment