Oct 12, 2006

Devotions for Thursday...4 Down/1 To Go


Perfect Timing>>>more
from Harvest Online

I am so happy I am a Christian. I have had my share of trials and storms and I will go through others, not because I want to but because "that's life". Why I'm happy I'm a Christian is because I have Christ Jesus on my side through it all.

No matter how short or long the period of troubles we go through (doesn't it seems like all of them are long?) for me they stretch me, pain me, wear me out sometimes but in the end...I am wise, stronger. Some trials God allows to test our faith (Job), some trials Satan attacks us (because we are his enemy) and some troubles we bring upon ourselves. I just thankful that I have a Heavenly Father that no matter what He never leaves my side.

When I watch the news and see some of tragedies that come over people, I can see why they take matters into their own hands. I see why I some people have turned away from marriage, I why people sometimes do not trust others in government, I see why some say many leaders in the church are hypercritical. But I always remember what a older Christian told me years back when I first gave my life to the Lord, *"That is why you have to get to know that Man for yourself". Those words are so true. If I did not know the goodness of my Lord and Savior I may have turned away from Him by now. He has taught me that by the Fall of Adam and Eve we are going to have hypercritical people in the workplace, we are going to have friends that will let us down from time to time, we will have things that happen to us no fault of our own, and yes...there are going to be hypercritical people in the congregation as well. Remember Jesus chose his twelve disciples knowing one was going to deny him not once but three times, another will betray him for pieces of silver and all would flee when He was arrested. But the wonderful news is that he took the 11 disciples back in His fold and would have taking Judas back if he would just repented of his sins.

Sometimes our Lord has to break us all the way down to build us back up (Peter) to make us realize where all strength comes from and He doesn't break us down to get joy out of it but to show that know matter what, He's there to comfort us always.

When we are going threw the storm, it does not feel good, not by a long shot and I would never trivialize anybodies suffering...but it will get better...trust Him, it will.

Be Blessed, Be Safe, and have a productive Thursday.

*Mr Cleo Horton

**My heart and prayers to the family of New York Yankees Pitcher Cory Lidle's family and friends.

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

Courage

"Lord, may my children always be strong and courageous in their character and their actions".


other devotions for today: The Misery of Sin, God Is Good to All, Affirmation and Appreciation

tech news: Keeping your inbox in shape, U.S. Court Order Could Boost Spam By 50 Billion Daily,Dell Web site snubs Intel's Viiv

netcast for knowledge & peace of mind: Conc. of: A Word To Those Who've Had Enough - Pt 2, TWiM 21: Live from the PME, From Alienation To Reconciliation - Part 1, dl.tv

for headline news>>>click here

photo: google image

No comments:

Post a Comment