Oct 19, 2006

Devotions for Thursday


Abundantly Above>>>more
from Harvest Online

God's love and His timing is impeccable. When we ask and pray at times and He doesn't answer you and I we get upset and ask, "Why didn't you come when I needed you?" Just when we think it's hopeless or He didn't come through for us He comes another way and it's better than we would have ever dreamed of because "His ways are not are ways". What's so incredible is that many times we feel what we want or think we need, we really do not need in our lives. Aren't you glad He is the 'Author and Finisher' of things? I know I am.

There has been situations before I was married that I was searching for that special someone (or who I thought was that 'special' someone) that I knew was meant for me. I would pray, I would try and strike a deal with the Lord, make promises to the Lord(never, never do that...you may have to do something you may regret) the Lord would close the door and I would become down or upset with Him (oh it's ok to get upset with Him, He created you and I so He knows our emotions) because I thought I was pursuing the right young lady.

Sometimes this is God's way of preparing us or preparing the situation so it will fit like a glove for you and I. We think we are ready but sometimes God's has to shape us just a little bit more, it may be painful, it may seems like a lifetime to us but when He has taken you and I out of the furnace that deal you thought you lost...another one has come along twice as better. That Romeo you thought should have been yours, turned out to be one of the biggest jerks on this earth and the person that God has in your life you could have NEVER imagined.

There is a saying...run as hard as you can toward Jesus Christ and while you're racing to Him you happen to see another person running just as hard toward Jesus Christ...that's the one for you.

We think that God doesn't hear our prayers when we cry out to Him. He does and when He answers the way He choses to it beyond our wildest dreams.

Be Blessed, Be Safe, & Have a Productive Day. :-)

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

Humility

"God, please cultivate in my children the ability to show true humility toward all".


other readings for today: The Holiness of God, A Gratitude Visit, Early Warnings

tech news: Microsoft releases new Internet Explorer, HP Passes Dell, Zombies try to blend in with the crowd

netcast for the spirit & mind: Two Fearless, Future Witnesses, Security Now 61: ISP Privacy, Is the End of the World Near?, NPR: Technology

headline news>>>click here




No comments:

Post a Comment