Oct 20, 2006

We Made Through Another Week...Happy Friday Everyone


Responding to God’s Holiness>>>more
from In Touch Ministries

I must be getting old. I remember being in church when I was a child how I used to see older Christians cry when certain hymns were sung or when hearing the pastor preach how they would just break down and cry for joy and I could not understand why. I used to think, "it doesn't take all that to worship and praise God". I used to hear people say, "I thank God for my health" and similar quotes to that effect. Why did Christians have to be so dramatic...my have times changed.

The older I become and the things I witness, I have become one of those, "Jesus Freaks" The best way to win people to Christ is not quoting scripture after scripture, it's being real with people, letting them know what He has done in your life, living your life before Him. I try everyday to respond to God's holiness by not only living the way He wants me to but by just knowing what He has brought me through, where He is taking me, how He has carried me through life even by me not acknowledging Him, ignoring what He had for my life, how he has loved me still, just because.

It's so weird for me now because everything I see, everything I do...I see Him. Being able to do the smallest task in life I give Him honor and praise because I can truly say without Him...I am nothing, truly nothing. I was listening to one of my netcast yesterday and hearing this biologist, Richard Dawkins that is an atheist go on and on about how about how teaching children about Christianity, any religion, is some how a form of "child abuse" in a way, this just made me shake my head. The same way he feels about my Lord and Savior is the same way I feel on how people cannot see the wonders of God. but hey, this is why I love the Lord so much because He has giving us free will to believe in Him or not.

I can understand how people become angry with God sometimes and I can see how many people think many of us Christians are hypocrites because believe it or not, I think we are the most divided group in the nation. The Adrian Rogers summed it best to me, "we're the only army that shoot our wounded." But over all there is no place I would rather be than in God's loving arms. Whenever I get discouraged about how things are going or when I come across other Christians that say one thing and do another I always think of what an older Christian gentleman (Mr. Cleo Horton) taught me when I first gave my life over to the Lord, "you got to get in that book (the Holy Bible) and get to know that Man (the Lord) for yourself"; and that is what I have been doing since. There a great local pastors in your area and great pastors nationwide that teach the truth but what is important is to get to know Him for yourself.

Now I know why the older Christians shout for joy now. To know that He loves me just the way I am makes me smile and tear up with joy.

Thank you Father for loving me just because, thank you.

Be Blessed, Be Safe, and have a Great Day.

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

Compassion

"Holy Father, I pray that You would clothe my children with the virtue of compassion".


other devotions for today: A Better Idea, Peace In The Storm, Our Will or God's Will?

tech news: Wal-Mart Limits Prepaid Cell Phones to 2, Microsoft Set to Tap Non-Pro Tools Market,The best reason yet to use Ubuntu

netcast for your spirit and mind: Mark 4, MacBreak Weekly 11, The Alternative, KFI Tech Guy 290

headline news>>>click here

image: allposters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment