Oct 5, 2006

Devotions for Thursday

Breaking Camp>>>more
from Harvest Online

It's good to know that we as Christians that once we depart this earth that our heavenly home awaits us. But they is one other thing I wish to share. So many of my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus still live like paupers here on earth and I don't mean just material wise.

Our pastor once said when we were in the world you and I would not let anyone walk all over us but since we have given our lives to the Lord we become wimps. No, I'm not saying be a Christian bully but just because we have given our lives to our Lord and Savior does not mean we let anyone talk to us any kind of way. Why do you think non Christians still in the world. because when they think of us they think of wimpy, push overs, doormat. Even when thinking of Jesus Christ they think of this puny guy. Let me remind Jesus Christ was a carpenter and they did not have power tools back in their time. Also when He had to carry his cross to calvary for us that piece of wood had to at least weigh 200-300 pounds, and it wasn't varnished.

With His back ripped open, down to the bone, pieces of splinters entered his back whenever he walked to his finish paying for my sins and yours. Christ did not die for you and to have fear of preaching the gospel to the lost. And talk about persucution....

The early Christians were fed to the lions, used as human torches, cut in half(that is how the prophet Isaiah died), and we get upset when the call us "Jesus Freaks" or "Holy Rollers". My family will have what the world has and much more: a stable, very nice home, a loving husband toward my wife, a loving grandfather to my grandkids, a teacher to them, a disciplinary, a comforter to my grandchildren. We are suppose to be in the world and not act like the world. Jesus Christ gave up so much for me and I trying each and everyday to give it my all to please Him. There is so much more I have to do and I will try and accomplished because of my love for Him and for what He has done for me.

Have a Blessed, Safe, & Productive day.

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

Self-Control

"Father, help my children not be like many others, but to be alert and self-controlled in all they do".


Words to help you grow: The Privilege Corrupted, Means and Ends, Insight for Living

Words to help you know: Working out of a 'third place', Enterprise-class desktop computing, Singing the Praises of the Non-Nano

Christian & Tech podcast for today: God’s Work-God’s Way, Security Now! 59: Parallels

photo: google image


No comments:

Post a Comment