Oct 2, 2006

Am I Being Paranoid Or Is Microsoft Trying To Kill 2000 & XP?


Second third-party
fix out for Windows bug>>>more
from
ZDNet News

Is it just me or is it that Microsoft just don't care about these serious security flaws that are popping up like wildfire in their OS? This may be a stretch but do you think that since Vista is coming out that they're trying to make people move to their new OS sooner? This is the second time in less than two weeks that Zero Day has come up with a patch for flaw in Windows 2000 &
XP and they are not going to release the patch until next Tuesday, October 10th. These guys are acting like FEMA responding to an emergency.

This is why I'm am studying up on Linux at this moment and my next PC and laptop will be Apple. I'm not a tech expert, not by a long shot but Microsoft lag time for getting security patches sounds shady to me at the least. If I had a flat tire today do you think I should wait until next Monday to get it fixed?


And why are people using Microsoft IE..why? I'm not saying Mozilla
Firefox is the, "end all of be all" browsers but everyday it's something horrific with this browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer). I don't use it and I'm trying like crazy to get my wife to get in the habit of using the Mozilla browser.

One more thing....why will it take a
minimum of 15 Gigabytes to run Vista? I may be just a dumb ol' southern boy from Illinois but Mr. (Chris) Pirillo please explain this to me? I have the utmost respect for you and I have followed you for years (this is not a cheap shot by no means...you're really good with Windows, I would just like to know) I know today's computer hard drive have a minimum of 40, 60, 80 and even 100 GB hard drive but give me a break.

Most people are not going to be splitting atoms or trying to discover the next way to bend time and space, we just want to surf the web, play a few games, some programming, save our mp3s and photos.

I will not be moving to Vista probably until 2008 because to me the first year is really the test run for an OS system and dealing with Microsoft I really don't know.


I may be paranoid but to me I think Microsoft want to shelve Windows 2000 &
XP much sooner so they will only have to concentrate on just one OS system like Apple.

But hey call me crazy.


other tech news:
Google buys founders' garage, Netflix Offers $1 Million Prize, Stolen cell phones give thieves ear bashing

christian articles: Supreme Court's new term, Why Darwinism is doomed,The Privilege of Knowing God

1 comment: