Aug 31, 2006

Devotions for Thursday, August 31st 2006


The Choice You Must Make>>>more
from the Harvest Online website

Tonight is MTV's Video Music Award Show. Even as a Christian for years I would watch it from time to time knowing I shouldn't but about 2-3 years ago I finally made up my mind not to watch once and for all.

Pink was performing her song, 'Trouble' and a comment she made maybe some people caught, some people didn't and maybe some people just didn't care; close to the end of her song she yelled out to the young audience, "How many people want to go to hell with me!"...that did it for me, that was it...no more MTV music award shows for me and for that matter no more MTV period.

When coming to Christ Jesus we think we will lose out on so many 'fun' things but I beg to differ. I have never been more happier, more free, more relaxed in my life. Will there be trials: yes; will there be friends, family members talk about you, tease you: yes. I made up my mind in 2000 that if I was going to be an 'outsider', a 'misfit' I might as well be in the family full of misfits...Paul, Peter, Moses, Noah, Esther, Ruth, Abigail; I think I'm in good company.

God will hold us accountable when we meet Him in the end, I want to do the best I can because His Son gave up so much for me to have not only happiness on earth but when we get to Heaven as well. :-)

Have a great day everyone.

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church


I pray that my children would fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel of Christ Jesus


other devotions: inTouch ministries, our daily bread, parent talk

photo: google image



No comments:

Post a Comment