Aug 15, 2006

Open-source fans flock to LinuxWorld...story from cnet website


The Move Is On Toward Open-Source

Earlier this year I finally watched the movie, "Anti-Trust" (movie was okay but as Javier and I always say about the movie...Ryan's character was living every geeks fantasy and the home Tim Robbins' character had was cool and yes i know it was computer generated) the young characters ( Ryan Phillippe , Yee Jee Tso) believed in open-source, sharing the knowledge, the wealth so to speak than trying to hog everything (hint, hint...Microsoft, Apple); prime example, I use Mozilla's Firefox all and I do mean ALL the time for my browsing. The only time I use Internet Explorer is to update Windows. There is a beta version of Internet Explorer 7 out there but I just can't get with it...I mean, it took Microsoft forever and a day to finally include "Tabbing" on their browser. (Opera invented the tabbing inside your browser, Mozilla took it to a higher level).

I really need to start messing around with Linux, learning about this OS (Operating System) because from what I'm seeing, Gates and Jobs better get with the program because really...they don't have a choice.

photograph: landscape & nature

1 comment:

  1. Hey Keith, Nice looking blog, I heard you on the tech guy podcast and looked for you!

    I too am looking to put a linux os on an older computer. My concern is accurate color profiling to my epson and running itunes for my podcasts habit! so mor homework is in store for all of us I supposde... Great blog.

    ReplyDelete