Aug 15, 2006

Wired, Aglow and Ready For Class...from TechNews.com website


Reading, Writing,
and arithmetic (and a iPod)

We didn't have a backpacks as a kid (as Luis would say...I'm old as molasses), but this article is pointing out, my how times have changed. Gone are the days of regular book bags, these babies have so many hidden pockets, it would make McGyver blush. I have a Swiss Army backpack myself and believe me, that bag is attached to me like glue.

My "Must Have" items in my bag:

  • My iPod
  • My digital camera
  • Digital recorder
  • My Bible
  • Extra Batteries
  • Two ear buds (my Sony pair and my Apple pair)
  • A couple of thumb drives
  • A MP3 CD player
  • Swiss Army Knife (but of course)
  • Pens & Writing Pads
  • My Journal (don't call it a "Diary")
  • My cell phone
This is camp gear for the geek at heart. But for the kids now days, what they carry in their bags probably would put me to shame.

photo: terragen

No comments:

Post a Comment