Aug 18, 2006

With Profits Dwindling...Earthlink Is Looking to Regroup


A World Beyond Dial-Up>>>more
story found on nytimes.com|technology

With AOL regrouping, it seems EarthLink is rethinking which direction they want the company to go...dial up customers are still high but dwindling. I remember hearing Roger Chang on Call for Help in 2004 say, "once you go to DSL or Cable, you can't go back". For me that's very true. I don't need digital cable or satellite TV with a billion channels, just give me basic and expanded basic channels (really...as long as I have the Golf, Travel channel, Trinity Broadcast Network, HGTV, USA, A&E and UndoTV...once it hits the air waves...I'm a happy camper) but I do need my high speed internet.

My wife teases me all the time, when I first walk in the house I'm turning on my computers and surfing the web...uummm to bring you important news like this so I have to have fast internet service.

When living in Florida, EarthLink was bundled in our internet package...don't know why, I always used Mozilla Firefox browser or Opera browser...never could get the gist of using EarthLink's software, I would install it and then uninstall the software. Maybe I was just dumb but it always seems to hinder me from using the web (or maybe I was just lazy by not playing around with the settings, who knows). I never used the email addresses I set up through EarthLink, never had a need to because I would use my Yahoo! or Google GMail email accounts.


I hope EarthLink chooses which way they want the company to go because over all...it's a really cool looking company, I mean you have to admit....that orange catches your eye.

other articles: politicians chasing MySpace users, on the horizon, if Jesus were alive today...

photo: google image

No comments:

Post a Comment