Aug 19, 2006

Having The Storage Space Blues For Your Notebook...Try A Hard Drive Upgrade


Upgrade Your Notebook's Hard Drive>>>more
story found on the Washington's Tech Website


This article I believe will help some people, I know me. I'm in the process of buying new notebooks (I'm looking at Apple's MacBookPro and Dells) but I'm kind of attached to my old notebooks as well (an IBM Thinkpad T20 and a little Compaq Armada m300). These two notebooks are very old in 'Tech Years' (sort of my way of saying in 'Dog Years' because most people advised to replace your computers in 2-3 years) both of these machines are less than a GHz and a Pentium III processor but they get the job done. With the hard drive space, they are really dinosaurs. But I found a couple websites that have larger hard drives and batteries for notebooks.

CMS Products sales upgrades for your desktop and notebooks (or laptop as some of us old folks like to say) and to me the prices are not bad. My Think pad has a 20GB hard drive and to today's standards....that is small, heck my m300 has a 12GB hard. I want a larger hard drive for my T20 because I haven't seen too many notebooks with the headphone, microphone and line-in jack. (thinking about bumping it up to a 100 or 120GB hard drive). I know I have to buy another notebook because this only on has one (1) USB port and I believe it's a 1.1.

A couple of other places sell products you will need down the road....like batteries for your notebook;

I have come across three websites that sell notebooks because notebook batteries are not cheap, Durcell Direct.com, PlanetBattery.com, BatteryDepot.com are just some of the sites to begin your search and one thing I have learned from Luis and Javier...do your homework and shop around. Buying from the manufacture is good but their prices sometime are a little steep (to upgrade RAM for some of Apple's notebooks to 2GB is $500....Ouch!).

other articles: high price domain names in china, next treo to be released soon,
japan & gibson guitars

photo: google image

No comments:

Post a Comment