Aug 24, 2006

Back and Forth


Hui Makes Pitch For Gateway Retail Unit >>>more
fromYahoo! Tech website

I see the Gateway computers in Best Buy stores, Circuit City stores and I just can't get up the nerve to buy one. I have heard too many horror stories about getting service for their desktops and notebook computers. Gateway make you jump through hoops just to return one of their machines.

Even when Gateway had their retail stores I never been inside one...never had the desire to go inside and look around; the
eMachine back in the day appealed to me more than Gateway. Come to think of it, I never looked at their website. I think once I finish this I will look at Gateway's website and eMachines.

Why does affordable computers have to look so bland? Even the
wind up notebook looks more appealing than Gateway.

Ok...I take that back; but really, their computers has never 'WOW'ed me. The commercials Gateway have had in the past were pretty cool (the one Gateway commercial with the employees running on the plains delivering computers to different people is classic) and commercials are suppose to nudge you one way or another but nope, not this geek.


Hopefully Mr. Hui gets his hands on the company and turn it around and make me eat crow but until then....no Gateway for me.


If anyone thinks different about Gateway computers, please write me because I'm really not bashing Gateway it's just their machines just look like...machines.

other tech stories: aol to sell movies, myspace adds china, a divide over the future of hard drives

No comments:

Post a Comment