Sep 27, 2006

We Don't Learn From History...Business Execs and We As A Whole

HP snooping points out
fastest growing scam
>>>more

from MSNBC


I have heard over the past two weeks how they are trying to (and I do use the word 'trying' very lightly) compare the HP scandal to the Watergate Scandal. Now I was about 8 or 9 years old when that took place (Watergate). Is this event just as traumatic? Well yes and no.


Yes in a since that business executives do not learn from history. Will Harris from TWiT this Sunday said something very profound...it wasn't the act the did but the cover up HP tried to do. No one wants to own up to their mistakes anymore. I have to agree with Will, if the PR (Public Relations Department) would have just came out and said, "we screwed up, we made the mistake and we truly apologize" HP would have been news for 1 or 3 days tops because we know how short sited we are (may not be nice but it's the truth....we here in the US have very short attention spans) and it would have been over. But by them denying it then coming out and little by little with the truth only makes it worse. It's like my mother taught me, 'when you lie, you have to remember the past lie you told in order to keep the charade going'.
I really hope not only the law but we as citizens REALLY begin to hold these companies accountable for their action. Am I asking for too much?

other tech stories: mp3 under a $100, world of warcraft expansion, keyboard with card readers

photo: google image

No comments:

Post a Comment