Sep 21, 2006

'My Space' For Seniors'?


Eons: 'MySpace' for the boomer set>>>more
from The Christian Science Monitor

This is a good thing really. Older citizens are becoming more and more tech savvy, which is good. Technology is so much fun, so much to learn and with everyone busy schedule we have to find a way to keep in contact. I keep in touch with Luis and Javier everyday, whether it's emails, instant messaging, cell phones, shooting each other web links...it's really cool.

Now the seniors are now getting into tech gadgets more and more. My grandmother in all honesty was really the first woman to me who hooked me on gadgets. She bought me one of the first Sony Walkman
(it took four AA batteries), my first digital watch, my erector set, my train set (could never get that thing to work...LOL). She exposed me to so much good and I thank God for that each and everyday. I was listening to a podcast today with Leo Laporte and a mother was talking about getting a computer for her daughter who's traveling to Switzerland and this older lady knew what she wanted, not really guessing about the computer equipment for her daughter. This is a good thing. I :-)

other tech stories: Mozilla looks to Microsoft for security, ATand T to take back outsourced jobs, ATM Maker Readies Anti-Hack Patch

photos: walkman and autumn leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment