Sep 10, 2006

Please Get This One Right Microsoft


Vista Compatibility: What
Does Microsoft Owe Us?
>>>more
from eWeek.com

This article ask a very good question: will the new Vista be backward compatible friendly? Microsoft better hit this one out of the ball park because dealing with the flaws with XP was bad enough (it's been 5 years since this upgrade for Microsoft, my time passes when you're having fun).

I'm just waiting on the specs when it comes to running the behemoth of a OS. I will not upgrade to Vista until 2008 because number one, I want all the major bugs to be worked out of Vista and number two, I will buy a machine that has Vista already installed because upgrading is a pain at times and sometimes it's best to buy a computer with the OS pre-installed on the machine.

When I upgraded from OS 9 to OS X it really wasn't a problem for me because I really had not messed around with OS 9 that long but with Microsoft it may be a different story because I have dealt with Windows 98, 2000, and XP. One thing a friend told me; don't upgrade unless certain applications don't run with the OS and I am taking that advise to heart.

other tech articles: Amazon Offers Downloadable Films, Don’t Keep All Your Data in One Stash

podcast to listen to today: inside the net

photo: google image

No comments:

Post a Comment