Sep 4, 2006

North Carolina: The New Silicon Valley?


Silicon Valley Last Among Tech Hubs>>>more
from USAToday.com|tech

North Carolina is ranked Number 1 in regards to the best place to live for working in the tech industry which to me I like because I believe North Carolina is more of a family orient place to live and to raise a family.

Back in 2002 while living in Missouri my wife and I took a trip to Chattanooga, Tennessee to Lookout Mountain. We met a family that was moving from California to North Carolina. The gentlemen was saying the cost of living was lower, his father and mother moved to the Carolinas a couple of years earlier and was loving it there. We're back in Missouri and I have to tell you I never thought I would miss this place but I did. Homes here are affordable, we're central to everything, we have a great Public Radio station here and we have a wonderful Christian radio station here in Missouri. Living in Florida made me appreciate the many blessings Missouri has to offer. I told my wife we may have homes else where but Missouri will be our headquarters.

I thought I would like to live in California but living in Florida has changed my mind 180 degrees. We can visit but I do not wish to live there.

tech articles & gadgets: CNet review, macDirectory review, security now podcast

photo: google image

No comments:

Post a Comment