Nov 15, 2006

Wednesday Devotion & Reflections


Truth That Transforms>>>more
daily devotions from rbc ministries

"Has belief in Jesus’ resurrection changed your life? Are your goals and priorities different than they were? Are you kinder, more patient, more forgiving? Ask God what He wants to do in you, and then cooperate with Him in that change."

That's the last section of the devotion from rbc's devotion for today...Has belief in Jesus changed me...yes, yes it has.

It has made me much more patient when tolerating people, especially at work. Many of work in a work environment that people are constantly gossip, backbite, lie, step over one person to receive recognition from their supervisors. It can get hectic, frustrating, bitter at times but when you have Christ in you live He has you zoom in what's really important...going in, doing your job to the best of your ability, getting the heck out of there because now you are living for Christ, not for approval from your co-workers, your boss. If you are doing what you supposed to either you will get recognized or God will open another door for you to move on, I have witnessed this in my life time and time again.

It has made me much kinder...It's amazing. I have being blessed in the sense where no matter where I have worked God has blessed me to be surrounded by kind people. I have learned that when Christ is the focus in your life, some people will think you are peculiar but for the most part, kind people will gravity to you and let me tell you, it is an awesome feeling to be surrounded by people where you can share how you feel and not worry about your business being circulated around the office as the latest gossip. To be have a close co-worker to talk with in time of need is a true gift from above.

More forgiving? I have grown in this area(but I'm still a work in progress...I can't lie) I have become more forgiving, hold less grudges and I wish I would have learned this concept years back because it is true...it only hurts you not the person that has wronged you. I have spoke many times that it's okay to voice your opinion when you have been wronged. You do forgive them and if they are sincere with their apology, praise God. If they continue to wrong you, you take the matter to them in a loving way and if that doesn't help, you forgive them, you pray for them then you have to deal with them as the old folks say, "with a long handle spoon".

Forgiving someone does not make you weak, does not make you a doormat. Having a unforgiving heart delays you from reaching your goal, it keeps you from God showing and giving you His best because you and I will keep dwelling on he or she that has wronged you and I. It's like driving on the highway and your head is turned looking out the back window you will not move forward.


Has my goals changed? Yes, yes, yes. It's amazing when I ask God what is His goal, His plan for me everyday and I am obedient to His will how it is less stressful because He is in control. When I constantly call upon Him to guide me my day is better. Situations pop up, plans change but I I'm less to get upset, or throw in the towel because in the end it's for His will and His way always turn out to be the best way in the end.

My belief in Him has brought me closer to Him and my eyes are less focus on how the world views me because in the end if I'm doing His will, He will make my enemies respect me, whether they want to or not.

Be Blessed, Be Safe, & as always
Have a Great Day.

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

Generosity

"Lord, I pry my children would be rich in good deeds, generous and willing to share".

1 Timothy 6:18

other devotions for you today:

messages from OnePlace.com

tech news for Wednesday:

tech netcast for Wednesday:

for headline news>>>click here



No comments:

Post a Comment