Nov 6, 2006

Devotions for Monday...Good Morning Everyone


The Choice>>>more
from rbc ministries

This devotion and scripture reading from rbc ministries rings so true. Our Lord gave you and I choices in life. He created you and I to either obey Him or not. If we do obey Him, He will give us directions, be with you and I in time of need, make a way when it seems no way is there, if we don't, when trouble comes, we will feel confused, frustrated, lost, our emotions will be a roller coaster...up and down, jolting you and I from side to side.

Many times non Christians think God is sitting up in Heaven with the gavel and as soon as we screw up His ready to pound on you and I but you really have to get to know Him(reading and meditating on His word) and like that loving parent or guardian that brought raised us.

Example, I knew my mother loved me very much but there were rules that she set in place for me as I was growing up. If I obeyed them I was fine but if I didn't follow them they were consequences to follow. Sometimes privileges were taking away from me (like being stuck in the house with no television, no company over, could play with my toys) and if I really got out of hand I would find myself getting a whoopin'(I know it's whipping but in my house it was the other word) and find myself on restriction. This taught me two things; obey my mom....good things(blessings), disobey my mom...consequences(curses). But with God it's much more deeper than our parents raising you and I because sometimes God allows obstacles so we can rely on Him and to grow you and I spiritually, mentally because let's be honest no parent likes to see their children struggle(this is why two parents should be in the home because it has to be balance, some single parent can create balance in the home but it is so much more stressful...I didn't have both parents and my mother did the best she could but she sheltered me in some ways and it hurt me down the road...and fathers can shelter their children the same way hurting them in the end).

One thing that our natural parents and guardians try to teach us, as well as God is that life is not always fair, people will be cruel just because and things will not go our way all the time. God takes it one step further, unlike our parent who cannot be with us always, God is with us at all times. We may not think He is but He's there and when you live by His commands, the blueprint he set before you and I life goes much smoother. When things get tough He has us look within ourselves to see if are doing the right thing and if we are honest with ourselves and we are living according to His word then we know there is a blessing in the end for us and we do not have go through the "shoulda, woulda, coulda" syndrome.

Living by God's principles are simple, it's not easy, I can vouch for that but my life is less stressful, painful, I don't blame others the way I used to do and for me it eases my mind as well. God has my back no matter what is going on in my life. God gave me a choice...choose blessings or curses, life or death...I choose blessings and life, not because of someone made up my mind for me but because I have lived life long enough to get the message from my way of living.

Be Blessed, Be Safe and have a productive work/school week

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

Love For God's Word

"Lord, may my children regard your Word as more precious than gold and sweeter than honey".


devotions for your spirit today:

biblical audio teachings for today:

tech news for Monday:

audio tech news for Monday:

for headline news: click here

image: google image


No comments:

Post a Comment