Nov 21, 2006

Devotion and Reflections for Tuesday


Hearing Aid>>>more
from rbc ministries

I'm learning each day how to be obedient to my Heavenly Father. Being obedient is really simple, but it's not easy. Many things in life are simple but doing them...that's the hard part. Think about it, when we were young and someone wanted you or I to do something we knew was wrong, we could have said no...simple; but hearing the teasing and ridicule that would not have been easy. It goes for the way God wants you and I to live our lives and I'm going to be honest sometimes it's not easy because of my flesh wants what it wants.

By me working this 2nd job now has really opened my eyes on the tithing, on giving God His time through prayer, getting into His word, putting things in perspective. I'm so glad I am growing wiser instead of just growing older, that would be a very wasteful life. I have learned that whenever we try and manipulate our circumstances we're only manipulating ourselves in the end because we do not bend God to our will, we always bend to His, it's up to you and I when we will do it...sooner or later; I am learning to yield to the former because it takes too much out of me to keep trying do things my way.

I witness His grace in my life each and everyday. I'm learning to take responsibility for my choices in life each and everyday because again it's the best way, the less stressful way to go through life. I heard Pastor Paul Shepard say something that was so profound and it hit me like a ton of brinks.."people always say experience is the best teacher and that's not true many times because we do not have to go through everything to figure out if it's wrong or not". Growing up I didn't try drugs or drink for different reasons;

  1. I didn't like the taste of liquor
  2. Didn't like how liquor made me feel(got drunk and was hugging a toliet...one time is all it took for me.
  3. A guy in our neighborhood had his drink "spiked" and the guy was never the same
  4. My mother would kill me.

But there was plenty of dumb things I allowed myself to get into knowing the outcome would not be good, would set me back financially, I would have to work twice as hard to get back to where I needed to be and I guess that's what has really hit home with me this year. I am asking God each day for me not only to make wise choices but to follow through with them because I'm not old but I'm not in my late teen/early twenties any more, it's hard to bounce back from a set back, whether it's financially, from relationships we knew we should not have gotten involved in from the beginning
, making friendship we know that will end badly.

Living God's way I am truly realizing is not restricting me from life, but freeing me to live a peaceful, thoughtful, very wise life. I have to choice...have trials, storms in my life with Jesus as my guide or toughing it out alone; I'm not a gambling man but my odds go up much to my favor with Christ Jesus. What about you?

Be Blessed, Be Safe, & Have a Great Day.

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

Responsibility

"Lord grant that my children would learn to be responsible, for each one should carry his own load."

Galatians 6:5

other devotions to read:
Megafreeway or Narrow Way?
Praise Builds Courage
Back To The Bible

positive messages from OnePlace.com
In Touch
Enduring Truth
A New Beginning

tech news:
Looking For Popular Digital Cameras? Check Out Flickr
Six Notebooks That Don't Burn
Palm CEO brushes off Apple cell phone threat
When Beige Won’t Do

netcast shows & tech information:
KFI Tech Guy 284
FLOSS Weekly 15: Tarus Balog of OpenNMS
dl.tv 112



No comments:

Post a Comment