Nov 13, 2006

Devotions & Reflections for Monday


Fathers--A Loving Fact
or Unbelievable Fairy Tale?
click here to hear broadcast

from FamilyLife Today/Oneplace.com

God's word never grows old, the more you read His Word, the more you get out God's life principle. When I listen to the same teaching from OnePlace.com I get something new out of it each time. I'm listening to FamilyLife Today from an earlier broadcast. Dennis Rainey is interviewing a young man of Christ Jesus, Donald Miller(the author of To Own A Dragon). Donald talks about not having a father and this really hits home with me. I thank the Lord He has always had His hand on me even when I didn't realize it and was being rebellious.

Three times I remember seeing my father, once when he took me on his bus route, once when I went over to his home in St. Louis(he remarried) and I remember being served cabbage and I said I didn't not like cabbage and he hit me in the head with a large spoon(I grew to love cabbage...I told my grandmother, his mother, years later...she was not pleased what my dad did to me). the the last time, seeing him in the casket.

I never really knew him and he never really tried to get to know me, my mother never married again, even though his mother had to pay child support for him because he was not man enough to take responsibility for his action. Some of things Donald got involved in it jolted my memory to some of the mess I got into coming up as a child. Donald recall breaking into people homes taking lose change when he was in junior high, I remember breaking out windows in people's home, breaking into their homes, throwing rocks at people cars, I have been shot at with pistols as a youth, I have been shot by a young and to know how God has had His hand on me and carried me this far and has molded me into the man I am today.

It makes me so angry that even today how men create life and then just walk out of their lives, it's inexcusable. I never had a positive, Christian male roll model until my early 30's (Mr. Cleo Horton). God has brought me through so much and this is why I blog the way that I do...God put me here to be patient, to be kind, to be understanding toward people because that was never given to me coming up. I didn't have a traumatic childhood but it wasn't the best childhood either.

I may not have a physical father to teach me life principles but I had a Heavenly Father that not only taught me about life, but He taught me to keep my heart open to receive and give love. This is why I could never go back into the world, He has giving up so much for me to spread His Word, His love, His message to let people He has your back no matter what.


Be Blessed, Be Safe,
& Have a Great Evening

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

Purity

"Create in my children pure hearts, O God, and let that purity of heart be shown in their lives".

Psalm 51:10

devotions for this evening:

spiritual messages from OnePlace.com

tech news for Monday:

tech netcast for Monday:

headline news>>>click here


No comments:

Post a Comment