Nov 7, 2006

Devotions for Tuesday....2 Down/3 To Go


Three Certainties>>>more
from rbc ministries

It's strange how different devotions can have you come back to a certain subject you touched on before but give you a deeper meaning. About ten years ago when Biggie Smalls and Tupac died I too mourned , but in a different way than when Left Eye died. When those two died I wasn't a Christian and God did not come into mind,I wondered where they died, how they died, if they were at a wrong place at the wrong time; I didn't think about their salvation. Fast forward some years when Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez died, I remembered where I was, what day and even though I morned for her because this young, beautiful sister who was a gifted rapper, composer (she played the keyboards as well) my first thought was, "I hoped she knew the Lord". That I don't know, maybe she cried out to Jesus right before the horrific accident because we don't know who calls on the Lord. Now whenever I hear of a celebrity dying my first thought is not how they died or why they died but where they are headed.

In one of my previous post I spoke a little on death and how I no longer look at death as a frightful matter but a process for living. To know that Jesus Christ gave up so much for me and you to have everlasting life once our time here on earth is up makes me feel so much at ease. I don't have to wonder where I'm going once or ponder is there a "afterlife". Once I truly died for self and live for Christ I can really appreciate my day to day life with peace and joy in my heart.

Now my prayers are for as many people to come to the Lord because when you know where you are going when you die you will know how to live. To me, it brings a smile to my face each day because I was giving a chance to open my harden heart and invite Christ into my life and now I can share his Good News with many people as I can, not only through words but how I try and live my life. But sometimes I think some of my brothers and sisters in Christ live to die and that to me is tragic. I can understand how that and where they get that concept because I was brought up in a church that taught those standard, that, "I'm just waiting to go Heaven" mentality. God did not send His son to die on the Cross for you and I to walk around as if we already have one foot in the grave. Christ died and God rose Him up again so we can have zeal for life, embrace every breath we take because we already have the victory. Once I knew where I was going by Christ Jesus sacrifice, I stopped looking over my shoulder because I knew where I was headed, upward and this gives me a chance to live life to the fullest. (Note to self: one less worry)

Be Blessed, Be Safe and Have a Great Day Everyone.

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

Justice

"God, help my children to love justice as You do and act justly in all they do".


devotions for Tuesday:

audio spiritual food for Tuesday:

tech news for Tuesday:

audio tech programs for Tuesday:
*older netcast

Headline News>>>click here

image: google image





No comments:

Post a Comment