Nov 10, 2006

Friday Devotions...Happy Friday Everyone


One Problem; Two Views>>>more
devotion from rbc ministries

I must be getting a little bit wiser as I get older. I remember a time when I would whine, whine, complain about our government, how police would were not doing their jobs, how things will never change. I'm only 41 years old but I have seen things come back around once or even twice a little over four decades on this earth. What do I mean?

The situation with gasoline hit us around when President Carter was in office. I remember when we had a democratic White House and Congress back in the 80's and it seems it may be coming to that again. But what is different about me now is that I pray for our leaders, I ask God to let me see both sides of the spectrum. Now I'm quicker to bow my head or get before the face of God and ask Him to have our leaders use "His" common sense instead of their own.

I was having a conversation last night at work and I was reminded when my wife and I lived in one neighborhood where our next door neighbor would not reign in her children, would not take care of her yard, her oldest son sold drugs from the home and traffic would come through day and night. Everybody on our block would complain but we were the only house on the block calling the police. We tried to organized to have the neighbors sign a petition to have the police department, our local officials to respond but no one wanted to join the cause. Now to all fairness the police had people watching the home and sometimes the wheels of justice turn very slowly sometimes and it seems at times no good results was coming from this matter. Me, I think if more people would have gotten involved the results would have been different. The police officers may have figured, "if your neighborhood block doesn't care, why should we?"

Two lessons I learned from that situation: One, try and go to the neighbor you're having problems with and work the situation out(and we did on numerous occassions) and if that doesn't work try and get other involved when the matter does not get better and Two, go and bow before God, ask for Him to give you wisdom about the situation, pray for the neighbor who was given my wife and I problems, pray to lead and direct the local officials, officers to handle the matter and make sure your(meaning our) house was in order. We ended up moving to a better neighborhood but God came through because we found out that the next door neighbor that was giving us and everyone on block so much grief that the local officials served her with papers that she had to sell her home and vacate area because of the drug trafficking that was so heavy coming from her home which meant that the neighborhood now is much better for our former neighbors. God moves in His on time but when He comes through, He comes correct. :-)

In our present day we have another situation at hand, the votes has been counted, we have a Democratic congress. I truly believe some good will come of this but I'm being a realist and some bad is about to come as well. As I have said before I'm a Christian but I am not a Republician and as I commented on Lo's post yesterday;

"I see Joe Lieberman is back in office, he ran as a independent and it hit me, I'm a Christian, but I'm not a Republican...I'm against gay marriage but I am for affirmative action...I am pro choice but I'm for the death penalty...I'm against the war in Iraq but I support our troops. What does that make me?

A person that strives to do the right thing instead of pleasing everyone."

I am a Follower of Christ Jesus which means I will not let any political party, no race try and paint me into a corner. If it doesn't line up the word of God...end of discussion. I used to hear old folks say this back in the 70's and now I find myself saying this...we are in the last days. I have seen so many things and situations come back around again. Am I shouting "gloom and doom...no. But now that I am a little older, a little wiser(I hope) I go to my Heavenly Father much more when it comes to matters of my heart and the hearts of our top officials in local and national government, try and get people envolved and gripe a little less because in the end it is in God's hand.

Be Blessed, Be Safe and Have a Wonderful Weekend everyone. :-)

DarrenKeith~

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

Self-Esteem

"God, help my children develop a strong self-esteem rooted in the realization that they are Your workmanship".


devotions for Friday:

audio messages from OnePlace.com

tech news for Friday:

audio tech information:

local news>>>click here

national/world news>>>click here






No comments:

Post a Comment