Nov 2, 2006

Devotions for Thursday...4 Down/1 To Go


When All Looks Bright>>>more
from rbc ministries


I do this from time, all Christians from time to time...forget to thank the Lord when things are going so well. I'm getting better at this now day to day. I was just thinking about how people blame God when tragedy strikes and when good times are in our lives we forget to thank Him. I had mentioned this before in one of my earlier post how the media will call some disasters "
the act of God" or "this is Biblical proportions
". When things are going well do you here the media say, "This the day the Lord has made" or "This wonder weather today is of biblical proportions" they give credit to Mother Nature(makes me chuckle)

I just started a part time job this Monday night cleaning. I doing this because of Christmas, I need better computer equipment, have extra money in my pocket and most important to sow into God's kingdom. It's going on the 4th day and I will be on my own, I have worked for this company before and he's a nice for letting me come back time again because he knows my work ethic but this time it's a little different for me. I have a different mind set. The first portions WILL go to the Lord.

It is Him who is giving me the strength to work this part time job, along with my full time job, along with me writing these post everyday. I thank God he is using me to spread His Good News and the feedback I get really makes this worth while. I can forget Him because just being able to think on my own, is a beautiful thing. This is rough for me because I am not as young as I used to be but this must be done because as have and will mention from time to time, this is partnership between God and I...a covenant. I heard Joyce Meyers say something that is so true..."Do what you can and God will do what you cannot". I hold on to that each and everyday.

I am trying to get in the habit now of saying thanks to God after I eat. We have been taught to give thanks to Him before we eat but in Deuteronomy Chapter 6 the Lord commands you and I to give thanks afterward as well. I am trying day by day to just enjoy everyday, the good and the bad, we grow from the bad days believe it or not, we learn more from the bad days, our wisdom should sharpen from the rough days; but we should thank our Lord and Savior for the days when they are pleasant, smooth, trouble free. I stop saying, "Thank God It's Friday" I know people say it from time to time and I truly know what they mean when the say this...getting through the work week, dealing with the home and if you are a parents or a single parent, I know why you're saying Thank God It's Friday...my prayers are with you, you parents are wonderful. :-)

I have stop saying it because I'm learning to really appreciate where He has brought me, where He's taking me and coming to realize that Satan attacks you and I when we are feeling our lowest and our highest. I am learning to say thanks when my stomach is full, the weather is nice, my income is in the black and not in the red.

Have a Blessed, Safe, & Wonderful Thursday everyone.

read Deuteronomy 28...the Lord goes into detail about "Blessings and Curses"

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

God's Grace

"I pray that my children may grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lords and Savior Jesus Christ".


other devotions for Thursday:

christian netcast for Thursday:

tech netcast for Thursday:

tech articles for Thursday:
*netcast: old...knowledge: priceless :-)

headline news>>>click here


No comments:

Post a Comment