Nov 5, 2006

The Little Engine That Couldn't(from my TechMusicGospel Blog)


to read Sunday's devotions>>>click here

How come the Sony Minidisc never took off in the US here I will never know. I love my minidisc players. Me and Whirly were chatting a couple of days ago about them. We both enjoy our minidisc players and the sound quality is excellent. I have about 4 of them (a new model came out each year and I snatch them up). Whirly was telling me that some Opera singers have them and I remember I was reading an acticle on Billy Graham and in the picture some had the same model I had recording a interview with Mr. Graham!

This small machine is really cool. I have a older model but with one 80minute minidisc and setting the recording mode to LP4 it will hold 5 hours of information you need. I really enjoy them because of the input jacks. they have a line in jack (right now I'm transferring music I still have on cassettes, ), a microphone jack, a usb jack for when you wish to transfer CD tracks or any mp3 songs to the minidisc. I still have the original software to the first minidisc player I have because I have tried the other software and to honest, it sucks to me(one strike against Sony, sad to say). Maybe their new software is better, I downloaded it but haven't got up the nerve to take it for a spin yet. I wish I could transfer the music from the minidisc to the computer (strike two Sony) because I would record podcast with the minidisc and transfer them to upload, but I will begin using Roxio software program to record my podcast(okay Sony, ball one...the count is 1 and 1).

Overall I'm glad Whirly and I had the conversation because when I got home Friday I took them out again, found my minidiscs, found my power outlet for the minidisc player, found my cords for recording via USB and analog and now I'm writing about this wonderful little tool. :-)


I recently went on Sony's website and they only have one model they are selling, I think they are phasing them out which would be sad because this is a gadget really worth having and if that's the case, I'm guarding mine with my life. I dropped one in 2002 and I was crushed, so now I when I use mine I just set it to play, leave it on my belt or in my pocket and do not pull it out until it stops playing(no I don't...I'm not that parinoid but I am very cautious now).

Sony minidisc player...The Little Engine That Couldn't(well...not here in the USA anyway).

Please comment...let me know if there are any Vox neighbors that own these little gems and that me and Whirly are not the only people in the US that have them. LOL

(WTH...What The Heck...instead of WTF) while searching for images on Google...tell me what does this picture has to do with minidisc? LOL)





No comments:

Post a Comment