Nov 4, 2006

Godly Wisdom For the Weekend(and Tech News)

"Where no wise guidance is, the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."
proverbs 14:11

Multitude Of Counselors>>>more
from rbc ministries

I remember as a child how older, Godly peers warned me about moving in with a woman living outside the will of God. Some were verses straight from the bible, some was from their experience, some was from phrases(my favorite..."you laugh now but it's gonna make you cry one day...I hate when those things come to pass). I didn't listen, I thought they were just "old fashion"; besides, this was a new generation and their time had past. Boy was I wrong.

Here I thought I was getting the best of both worlds but I was really getting the worse of both worlds. I am a sap for romances. I love happy endings, I believe hanging in there until the end. There are somethings I should have let go and this relationship was one of them. I was not ready mentally, financial and spiritually. When you bring another person into your life and especially when you live together everything changes. You do not live for yourself anymore, you live for two...and there is the trap.

You're not married and living together you're really not responsible but by you living together and by the type of upbringing I had, the man is the head of the household. You're responsible for taking care of the bills but really you are not because that is not your spouse. If her car breaks down, me being the man...I'm I responsible for getting the car fixed or by her and I living together should she be responsible. This is why I hate Satan so much(if I could I would snap his and Satan's demons necks) living together and not being married is a trap, it's not good at all.

In this day and age people will say, "you don't need a piece of paper to show you're together" or "it's better this way because once you're married everything changes".(I have learned that when you marry in the eyes of God, it's more than a contract...it's a covenant) Yes many things does change, it has to plain and simple. We today spend more time picking a new car, a pair of shoes, a home than taking our time to pick a person to spend the rest of our lives together. Marriage is work, it's hard work, but it does not have to be that hard.

Take your time and pick your spouse. Get Godly counsel, and be true to yourself. If you are saver, don't get together with a spender, why put yourself through that. If you are a freak in the bedroom(we're all grown here and this is for real...so many couple need to face this fact)and the other person is a wallflower, don't get upset if he or she doesn't want to be tied up or blindfolded or any other thing you're into(I'm not telling off on myself, I'm really not LOL)...you can't use that excuse to step out on your mate. Take your time and get to know one another.

Here is something I know people will agree and disagree on....don't have sex before you're married. God is not trying to keep anything from you and I. All in high school I never dated, didn't have sex and I thought I was missing out on so much. Once I made it out of high school and began dating and having sex I found out the truth...it brings more problems than solutions. Ever noticed when you're friends with the opposite sex and you called them to go to the movies, if they are busy, no problem, that's cool. But as soon as sex comes into play and he or she ask you to go do something and you tell them you're busy...a thousand and one questions comes from out of left field,

"how long will it take you to finish?"
"when will you be back"
"can you call me when you get back"
"why didn't you call me when you got back"

People will tell you sex does not meet anything. To some people it doesn't but if we were honest with one another we give up a little of ourselves whenever we sleep with someone. And we have been in that awkard moment when once we have climaxed we're saying to ourselves,
"what the heck I'm I doing here?"
"how long do I have to lay here before I can go?"
(men and women have thought about this and done this, don't lie)

We have to realize that what older Godly people are telling you and I is not trying to keep sex from us, they are trying to saved for you and I. I have learned from those experiences and have and I try not to dwell on the past but if I could get back all the time and money I wasted on dates, my SugarBaby and I would be set for life(well, not for life but we would have a nice nest egg). People are going to disagree, that's okay but what I am saying to you is out of love and not trying to be a killjoy. I wish some Christian would have been real with me and explained this subject to me this way instead of just saying, "God said not to do it". People want you to be real with them(especially young men and women) and this is what I'm trying to do.

We are all going to make mistakes in our lifetime...but it's best to learn more from others mistakes, saves you a lot of grief in the end.

Be Blessed, Be Safe, & Have a Great Weekend.

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

Integrity

"Lord, may integrity and uprightness protect my children because their hope is in you".


"Father, help my children not be like many others, but to be alert and self-controlled in all they do".

1 comment:

  1. No joke and no lie. I lived with two different men other than my husband and my daddy. Everything IS so much different when you are married, and I must say that it is way better overall than any farfetched ungodly fling with a man before marriage...no matter how long you live together, it isn't right with God. Waiting on God was the best thing because that's when I found my Prince, sent by THE King.

    ReplyDelete