Feb 21, 2007

devotion & reflections for Wednesday


The Blame Game>>>more
from rbc ministries|odb

This devotion from Our Daily Bread is really needed in this day and time in our lives. The Blame Game is really rapid today. No one wants to take responsibility for their actions any more. McDonald restaurants took Super Size fries off their menu because people blamed the restaurant of their weight gain, Oreo cookies had to change their ingredients because people complained about their weight gain, a representative in New York want to pass a $100 fine for people who wear or use their electronic devices while crossing the streets. As I heard Leo Laporte say, "you can't legislate stupidity."

Since the blame game began with Adam we have been sliding more and more into the abyss. From Abraham lying about Sarah, from David lying about Basheeba, from Peter lying about knowing Jesus it's not getting better. Even today how many of us (yes I did as well) living together without marriage for 6 or 7 years then when the subject marriage comes up we get offended..."I don't need a piece of paper to prove anything." No, that's called "Playing House". We have sex outside of marriage and then want to blame the woman for getting pregnant..."she tricked me dude!" and then walk away from a life you have created. No, that's called being a little boy. In this day and time we make choice and then we wish to blame others for our mistakes and get offended when someone points out our errors yelling, "Don't judge me man."

Here's the thing, the choice we make, we may not care about the outcome but it effects a ripple of people for decades to come. Men, we have children and do not care for them, that child grows up thinking you do not have to be responsible for bringing another life into this world. A mother can only do so much but children need a mother and father, that is the way God attended it to be...period. I'm I saying a single parent can not do it...no I am not because I am a product of a single parent. But I do know I did not have a positive male roll model in my life until my late twenties and thank God he had He put that "thorn" in my side through my teenage years because if I would have had my way, I would have had about 3-4 children right about now and would have done the same thing my father did, ran away from my responsibilities.

We get into relationships that we know is not healthy for us to begin with but we do it because we think "we can change that person". He is a tip, especially for Vox female neighbors out there, God has blessed you with a wonderful gift, I called the Holy Spirit, most people call it "instinct". If you come across a guy who loves to sleep around before you get marriage....it gets worse when you become man and wife so you have no right to complain to your girlfriends that your man is a Dawg. Do not be let by your feelings, be lead by the facts.

Last week I was watching a organization show on HGTV and the younger sister was...umm..very unorganized...okay a slob. It had gotten to the point where the mother and the older sister would not got into young lady's room. The host asked the mother, "why do you allow this?" and the mother response?

"She's really a sweet kid".

I think this is the new buzz word for parents not wanting to be a responsible parent but a popular parent. What the heck does that mean?

I have seen too many people come on Oprah telling her, "I don't know what I'm going to do with him...he gets upset whenever I turn off the television and he lays in bed all day". Then you find out the child is 3 years old. Question...why do some people have children? This may sound harsh but it's the truth. Having children are a true gift. Parenting does not come with a manual and I know it can be tough sometimes but in this day and age we make it much tougher than it is...we really do. Is it amazing back in the day when parents had about 5-6 children and most had manners? You may had one in the family that just would not do right but for the most part, the majority of the children respected their parents. Our parents may not have had the best education but they taught us right from wrong, taught us about consequences for our actions. Now we have parents that have the books smarts and no common sense...and they only have one child? What gives?!?

I have a grandson and my step daughter bought him a 30GB iPod and a cell phone...and he's 7 years old? What kind of sense does this make? Then she gets upset when the boy does not keep up with them. But you have to look at the parents of the grandchildren. They is a saying I heard which is so true..."Raise your children the way you would want your grandchildren to be raised."

There are plenty of parents or single parents that are doing great jobs when it comes to raising children and I keep you lifted up in prayer ALWAYS because of the fact that your children cross paths everyday with parents who are not doing what they should do when it comes raising their children and then these parents want to blame television shows, the music they listen to instead of going into the bedroom or bathroom, stand in front of that piece of glass that will show the true culprit....themselves.

I'm not letting the industry off the hook but we as adults have the power what comes into our homes each and everyday(Notice I said our homes...somebody will comment and say "we can't police what goes on outside our homes", but if we instill in our sons and daughters how to conduct themselves in private, they will be able to handle themselves in public). I tell parents all the time if you worried about what your children see on the computer when they are at home, put the computer in a central area of the home and not in their bedroom. We give our children gadgets to get them out of our hair but then get upset with people in the industry that put some ungodly content on the web. These are our children, not the entertainment industry children.


Isn't it funny how we as people put ask do not want Godly principles in our lives, in our businesses, in our schools but when chaos breaks out, the first thing comes out of our mouths, "How could God allow this to happen?" When God gave Adam dominion of the land, He gave us the responsibility to do the right thing and we gave dominion over to Satan that day in the garden of Eden. We have no one to blame but ourselves. As my pastor always says, "If you give Satan a ride he's going to want to drive."

It's that simple.

Be Blessed,
Be Safe, & as always
Have a Wonderful Wednesday

Praying For Our Children
from Christian Embassy Church

Responsibility

"Lord grant my children would learn to be responsible, for each one should carry his own load."

Galatians 6:5

messages from Oneplace.com

tech news for Wednesday

my podcast pick for wednesday

image:allposters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment