Feb 5, 2007

Devotion & Reflection for Monday


The Price Of A Soul>>>more
devotion from
rbc ministries

What is the price of your soul? Have you ever thought about that question? I remember The Simpsons episode where Bart sold his soul for $5 to Milhouse and everything went downhill for Bart until Lisa bought his soul back for him. Kind of silly I know but in all seriously I know my soul was worth much more for Christ Jesus to sacrifice his life for mine in order for me to not only have a peaceful life here on earth and eternity.

Throughout the Bible I read of men and women who sometimes gave up so much to spread God's word to the masses, sometimes costing them everything but in the end did they lose...no. Knowing in the end what they were gaining was worth the sacrifice. Sometimes we worry about what we will lose when following Christ and that is what Satan want you and I to think about but think about what we gain by being Followers of Jesus Christ.

We gain wisdom beyond humanly possible, we get great peace of mind knowing that the victory has already been won over Satan with our souls, we come across many people who are also believers in Christ Jesus. I can't explain it sometimes but when I go into a Christian bookstore it's like a safe haven for me many times, it makes me say to myself, "if it's peace in here I wonder what heaven is like?"


When thinking of what Jesus has giving up for me it makes me take stock in my life, getting more into His word, cutting out some unnecessary habits, people out of my life that will not build me up but slow my growth and walk with Him and I can not allow this to happen. The price of my soul must be worth something because in the end almighty God that highly of me to give up His only begotten Son for me.

Be Blessed,

Be Safe &,
Have a Wonderful school/work week.

Praying For Our Children
Christian Embassy Church

Self Control

"Father, help my children not be like many others, but to be alert and self-controlled in all they do."

1 Thessalonians 5:6

messages for your soul:
tech news:

netcast for today:

image:allposters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment