Feb 7, 2007

devotion & reflections for Today


The Power Of Influence>>>more
devotion from
Our Daily Bread

to here the Gospel/Christian Songs for today
visit my Vox Blog

Coming up as a kid I really never had a positive male role model in my life. Being a only child has its highs and lows. Somethings I could not be influenced to do for the life of me like to drink (I never acquired a taste for liquor...to me all of it taste yucky) to smoke (as a child they would show how lungs in a healthy person looked and a smoker's lung looked...not for me). But they were things and people I was influenced by because I wanted to impress some girl or be in the "end crowd".


I never did fit in with anyone because of the things I enjoyed, the books I read, the music I listened to at that time (telling someone you like Glen Campbell growing up in a all black neighborhood was like wearing a sign, "Beat Me Down Now"). I felt all alone many times growing up, like I was born to the wrong mother or that I grew up in the wrong town.

But what I did not know was that my Heavenly Father was grooming me to an influencer. God has made each one of us a very "peculiar" individuals. This does not mean 'weird' or 'strange' but to bring something different to the table which in most cases is a great thing because we learn from one another, people bounce ideas off of one another. Some things people may not agree on and even in situation like that we still learn from one another.

Learning how much God loved me and how He has placed information inside me I now can share with world via blogs, interacting with people on my job, IM is a wonderful thing and to share the gospel is really awesome because not only do I teach and influence but I learn and get influenced as well. I am learning that learning the Word of God, studying His word how "Beautiful and Wonderfully" made I am. I love being me, I love being a Follow of Christ, I love being a geek, I love being nice to people because I can and not because I am looking for something in return.

Being an influencer is a wonderful thing but at the same time you have to be careful because you don't want to steer someone wrong because if that happens trust is broken and it makes it hard for the next person who comes along who means well. We see this everyday in the workplace, in relationships.


This is why it's best for me to keep my eyes focus on Christ Jesus because this way I can not go wrong when influencing people or being influenced by people.


Be Blessed,
Be Safe & as always,
Have a Wonderful Wednesday.

Praying for Our Children
Christian Embassy Church

Justice

"God, Help my children to love justice as You do and act justly in all they do."

Psalm 11:7 & Micah 6:8

messages from Oneplace.com:

tech news for wednesday:


netcast for today from TWiT:

image: allposters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment