Feb 8, 2007

devotion & reflections for Thursday


Castaway>>>more
devotion from Our Daily Bread
to hear the songs for today go
to my Vox blog

Sometimes God has to put you and I in the "wilderness" in order to work on our lives. It's not fun being there, it's lonely at times but in the end we come out stronger, wiser, better equip to help others. How long we stay in out wilderness, that depends on individual. We ask God to come into our lives to clean up the mess we have made but when it comes time to get rid of things, people, locations that hinder us we want to hang on because we feel that we can not do without...but isn't that part of growing?

Many times we want the benefits but do not want to go through the process of becoming. It takes sacrifice, it takes time and yes we will lose some things that we think at the time is so important to us but God never takes anything away that He will not replace which is far better for you and I. It's easy for me to write this but I will admit, when it's time to go through at times it's very rough for me.

Right now I'm at a point where I want my life to become full, rich with His blessings, His wonders for me but I know I have to put some things to the side and it's hard for me but in order for me to receive I have to give. By this I mean I have to give of my time, my income, my obedience. I must surrender all because I will never bend God to my will, it just will not happen. I have to begin and continue(that's really the key isn't it...we start off strong then get side tracked) to wake up with His Word, ask for guidance, do my part(which is another key ingredient), be still when He tells me to still, move when He tells me to move...let Him be my 'Pilot'. One thing I am truly learning is that God does not come the same way because His ways are never our ways.

C
ase in point...last night at work, I arrived there late and I was hoping they did not trash the offices I normally clean. Each night I ask God how do I proceed because sometimes I get out of there later than I want to leave and I have to be honest I sometimes make things harder than they really are so this time I let Him give me wisdom and obeyed. Not only did I finish earlier than normal but I had time to rest and give Him thanks before heading home. Two lessons I learned last night
  1. Ask Him to lead and direct me in EVERYTHING I do
  2. Obey Him...period
I could not understand how I finished at the time that I did but then again as I mentioned earlier...His ways are not my ways. This may sound corny or weird to some people but it worked for me last night and I'm going to be obedient to Him tonight when I get there.

G
od always has our best interest at heart but by Him giving us free will we sometimes go against what He has for you and I and we have to let go and follow His lead. The end result is so wonderful and our testimonies are a inspiration to others.

Be
Blessed,
Be Safe, &
Have a
Wonderful Thursday.

Praying For Our Children
Christian Embassy Church

Mercy "Oh Father, grant that my children would be full of mercy and compassion as you are Lord."

James 5:11

messages from oneplace.com

tech news for thursday


netcast for today from TWiT


image: allposters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment