Oct 9, 2010

My Thoughts for Today {08October2010}

Today's Devotional: Called to Warfare
Today's Passage: 2 Corinthians 10:3-5

When reading this devotional the first thing I think about is the character from USA Network "Burn Notice" Michael Westin when he says, "When you're a spy you fight, you don't fight fair, you fight to win". I'm getting in my spirit again that this is how you have to fight Satan every single day. Alone I can never win against the Devil but when reading, praying and OBEYING God's word I have the victory each and every time.


I can't say EVERY time because if I don't obey God I will lose battles. And then they are going to be times that God will allow Satan to challenge (but please not like Job...that was a whopper). One thing I've come to realize (again) is that when Adam and Eve forsake God's commandment they gave Satan ruling over our precious earth. And yes I say "our earth" because remember God gave him domain over the earth but by our first "Father and Mother" we allowed so many wicked things to take over this earth, in our lives.

We compromise our morals, we get influenced on how we are suppose to live, carry ourselves so it's a constant battle every day when doing what's right in God's eyes because not only do we struggle with living for God which in return is not only the right thing but the best thing for us many Christians now straddle the fence when it comes to doing the suitable thing.

Yesterday was good day for me. No watching the news, no reading on what's going on in the world of politics, no watching TMZ, no checking twitter every other minute. Yesterday was filled with spending time with my best friend, my queen. We watched a couple of movies, we talked, we laughed, we planned for our future. Yesterday was a day of learning myself all over again and it felt good because yesterday I realized my weaknesses and began to fighting Satan the right way...with the word of God because any other way is a waste of time.

Be Blessed, Be Safe,
and have a Wonderful Weekend

~dk3

Today's Wisdom from the book of Proverbs
Read: Chapter 9

Today's messages:
-For Saturday: The Costly Decision to Run from God - Dr. Charles Stanley
-For Sunday: The Final Judgment - by Dr. Adrian Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment