Oct 7, 2010

My Thoughts for Today {October 7, 2010}

Today's Devotion: Hold My Hand
Today's Passage: Deuteronomy 31:1-8

With so much going on in the world today with the economy, the negativity toward our president, congress, just toward one another you would think there is no hope. Heck, sometimes I feel this way when watching the news but then I have to remember two things: One, I have the choice of what to watch and second: I'm putting my focus and trust in the wrong thing.

It's okay to keep in touch with what's going on in the world but I've come to realize that we 24/7 news which means that sometimes we don't let things develop fully and we as people sometimes jump the gun and have to take things into our own hands. We sometimes hear one situation and think this is the "end all/be all" but that is so not true. What I'm trying to get back to is the fact that nothing and I do mean nothing surprises my God. With everything that is going on today I have to remember to keep my focus on Him and Him alone.

God has given me common sense on what to do, how to handle situations, how to deal with people that mean me no good but again I have to remember to stay the course. I have to remember the more I bring my issues to Him, the more I realize the world and people are going to always have obstacles but when I fill myself with His promises and put them into actions the results are going to same: me being victorious. Sometimes I may not believe that when first pushing ahead but then I think about how many times I've allowed the world to dictate to me my outcome knowing that the world is fickle and will always be fickle.

For me, beginning my day with His words in my heart, spending quality time with God, being obedient to His commandments and surrounding myself with things that bring me joy and wisdom has always been the best way to go in regards to dealing with this world. Yes, God will not only hold my hand but he has my back each and every time, even when it doesn't feel like it.

Wisdom for Today: Proverbs Chapter 7
Message for Today: "The Man after God's Heart" from pastor Greg Laurie
Photo by Chris Gin from InterfaceLIFT

No comments:

Post a Comment