Oct 8, 2010

My Thoughts for Today{08 October 2010}

Today's Devotional: Looking for Fruit
Today's Passage: Galatians 5:16-26

Reading this devotional for this Friday brings tears to my eyes because of how faw I have strayed from my Lord and Savior. This past year and a half I haven't been in His word like I should have, allowed issues from my past job become a worldly man in regards to my language and negativity. I haven't been to church God knows how long and instead of looking upward and being obedient I have been relying on my own wisdom. But as I read the devotional and the passage I began to smile because of His love for me. He has never left me and once you truly know Chirst Jesus you know there is no other way to live.


I believed at some time in my life I possessed some of the spiritual fruits at one time but now they have become rotten but again, when you know that God loves you the old roots, the weeds, the decaying trees of these precious fruits can be dug up and replanted again in your heart, mind, and soul and I tend to do that. Yesterday I read a wonderful and insightful tweet from one of my friends on Twitter that stuck with me in regards to music and I'm going to begin to live my life that way. I'm not going to live life through rose colored glasses but whatever I say, write, it will be on a positive nature because life is too short to constantly worry about the evil that is on this earth, how people treat you. We are not doormats and it's okay to get angry but at the right time and in a proper manner.

I have to admit, my "My Thoughts for Today" post from yesterday was kind of hard to write because of the above feelings that I was going through but it had to be written because I needed to get back on the "blogging" horse of life and begin sharing what God has put in me. This post is a little more transparent and I will keep going in this direction because I know some may feel the same way I do at this moment and may not know where to turn and I'm here to say, "It's Okay. It's okay to feel down at times when you know you have screwed up badly". But know this, You don't have to live that way and you have a friend in God because He only wants the best for your life. This is post is also for me because yesterday I felt that I had let God down but in reality He knows my ways before I do them but God is also there to welcome me back with open arms...as well as you.

Be Blesse, Be Safe,
Have a Wonderful Day

~dk3

Today's Wisdom from the book of Proverbs
Read: Chapter 8
Today's message: Anger and Forgiveness - By Dr. Charles Stanley
photo by dewey2999 

No comments:

Post a Comment