Dec 19, 2007

Wednesday Reflections & Tech Gems

A Real Christmas>>>more
from RBC Ministries

This devotion truly sums it up for me, Christ did not die on the cross so we could treat him like a "Genie in the bottle", to just snap our fingers to make our problems go away but he died for us to (1) have eternal life (2) To give us peace in time of conflict (3) To be the light for others. I have said this before but we as Christians sometimes get it twisted when it comes our heavenly Father. Sometimes even as Christians I think sometimes we treat God like he is an Monopoly "Get out of Jail" free card. The Holy Bible is an instruction book on how to live our lives.

There are so many awesome things about His word. First and foremost God used people with some serious flaws and I think that is where we as Christians has to get that point across. I mean really think about it, he used a man (Saul at the time) who was a persecutor of Christians, who gave the okay to arrest, imprison, and execute Christians. Peter who denied Christ 3 times in order to save face with the public. King David who not only slept with another man's wife but had the guy killed. So many others in the Bible who was flawed, who made mistakes by accident or on purpose God still used them to do great things and that is why I love God so much because goodness knows I have made so stupid mistakes.

We as followers of Jesus Christ have to let the world know that when you give your life over to him things are not going to get easier, to some degree the walk will become more tedious because we are going against the world tide now. We have to let people know we are not better than anyone because we are still flawed, we will make mistakes, we still from time to time will miss the mark but the great thing now is that more our walk becomes closer with God the more humble we become and that when we die we do not have to worry about where we will spend eternity. We also have to let people know that when God has told us things not to do he is not trying to keep anything away from us because he sees the end results and he does not want us to suffer unnecessary pain because we go through enough pain as it is when dealing with the world. The older I get the more I realize that though I do not wish to go through some things in my life it makes me stronger, wiser and it makes me more sensitive to others in need.

My Tech Stories Pick for Today:
My Audio Picks for Wednesday
Christian:
Jesus, the Light of the World
(Love Worth Finding)


One thing I have always loved about the late Adrian Rogers teaching is not only his love for Christ but how he digs down and get facts about certain subjects. This message truly gives me an understanding that Jesus Truly is the "Reason for the Season"


Why did Jesus Become a Man?
(Turning Point)


If and when Zondra and I visit San Diego Pastor David Jeremiah will be one of the first churches we will visit. I truly like the way he teaches God's word with such conviction and such warmth.


Tech:

TWiT 125: John's Nuts

One of the funnest podcast from TWiT in a while when Leo talks about the Santa bot. Not only is this episode informative but when Dvorak is on board you never know what to expect.



net@nite 40: Fishing From The Company Pier

Not only was she voted the "sexiest female geek" but she has the smarts to back it up. I really do like this podcast because she keeps Leo on his toes and I love the websites she finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment