Dec 27, 2007

Reflections for Thursday & Tech Nuggets

Family Stories>>>more
Devotion from
RBC Ministries

Whenever I see an older person in their 70s and up I call them "libraries" because for me that is a wealth of information, wisdom. I am learning more and more how it is important to share wisdom and fun times with my grandchildren. When they come over it's their time to be "children". Sure the Mrs. and I give them chores but most of all it's really fun spending time with them. When spending time with them it takes me back to when I spent time with my grandmother and how she did not have much just her love, her attention toward me meant the world to me.

I have to admit not having any children of my own and coming into a blended family has at sometimes been a struggle but this year has been pretty good. Our Christmas get together went well, and Casey and I played the Wii (which I recommend every adult get one, loads of fun) but most important teaching him patience, showing that you care, and allowing him to see that you put God first always is the most important to me. I am learning and loving God's word more each day and I think another reason why my relationship with the grandchildren are much better. They see how much I love their grandmother(man that's sound really weird, but in a good way) and they know I go out of my way to respect, honor her.

Giving gifts is cool but showing respect for your elders and showing respect for the younger generation is more precious. Having these family stories are the true treasures for the very young and the very old.

Be Blessed, Be Safe,
&
Have a Wonderful Thursday.

"Don’t brag about tomorrow,
since you don’t know what the day will bring."

~proverbs 27:1

My Thursday Tech Story Picks:

My Thursday Podcasts Picks:

Signs of the Times Part 1(part B)
(Pastor Greg Laurie)


Daily Giz Wiz 469: DYMO DiscPainter
(Dick DeBartolo)



The Challenge to End Well-A(Dec 27 audio)
(Dr. Charles Stanley)

DL.TV Episode 209
(Roger Chang & Robert Heron)

No comments:

Post a Comment