Dec 29, 2007

Saturday Reflections & Tech Gems


It Is Not Good>>>more
devotion from rbc ministries

I have learned that the more you open to people the more you can get hurt, disappointed and do the same to others. But I have also learned that in the end we really do need one another. Over time you find out who will be in your life just for a season or a lifetime. Having someone to share your thoughts, your ideas, your likes and dislikes is a true blessing. For many years I had the problem of not opening up to people for fear of rejection because of my appearance, my speech (I stuttered really bad). It took me moving away from my small town to realize that (1) It was more than just Madison, Illinois (2) People will be people.

Over the years I have become more confident in myself, I have began to love myself more and more, trust in God more and to be true to myself. Learning to be true to myself was the biggest hurdle I had to jump and when doing so I believe that is when I truly found my true self. This is when I realized that God has blessed us all with different gift, different ways of communication with people. I have learned that it's okay to disagree on some issues but I have also learned to never compromise your integrity...it's about doing right and not being right all the time.

Surround yourself with people who "like you for you" is a great thing but sometimes being around someone who is totally opposite of you makes you realize what you will and will not tolerate in your life and many times you may find out you may have more in common with that person than you realize. One of favorite movies is "The Breakfast Club" where these five students realize that's it's cool to just be yourself and learn to open yourself up to people who on the outside you may not have things in common but later you may find out you do.

The main thing is seek God when it comes to meeting someone, you may be surprised who becomes a close friend.

Be Blessed, Be Safe,
& Have a Wonderful Weekend.

Inspiration songs for today:
Bebe Norman
Praiz

My Saturday tech story picks:
"Fools vent their anger,
but the wise quietly hold it back."

~proverbs 29:11

My Audio Picks for Saturday:
Thru the Bible Questions & Answers
(Dr. J. Vernon McGee)

Leo Laporte - The Tech Guy 416
(Leo Laporte)

No comments:

Post a Comment