Dec 17, 2007

Monday Morning Widsom & Other Gems

Forever Joyful>>>more
from RBC Ministries

I am beginning to realize more and more that I do not want to be happy and I am not seeking happiness anymore. I'm I am being a "downer"? Nope, far from it. I am learning that I wish to have joy in heart and my spirit and I wish to share joy with people more so than happiness. I am learning that when you have joy you are content with what you have in the moment. This is not to say that you do not strive to better yourself because God wants you and I to have fulfillment in our lives but He wants you and I to have our priorities in place when seeking to better ourselves.

When you focus on God's word first, read his word, do the best that can by living out his word the blessings are endless. He knows we are going to slip up from time to time but when you repent and truly mean it his mercy and grace is with you always. Where we go wrong is when we take our eyes, mind, heart away from his principles, striving just for material things is when we begin a downward spiral. We lose focus of family, friends, what is truly important to us day in and day.

The more you train yourself in God's word the more you realize that day by day you will be thankful for what you have, you are content with what you have and before you know you will not only be God centered but he will truly give you "the desires of your heart" while not losing focus on what truly brings you joy.

Be Blessed, Be Safe and
Have a Wonderful Monday



My Tech Stories Pick for this morning:

My Audio Picks for Monday Morning:
Christian
The New Jerusalem
(Back to the Bible) with Woodrow Kroll

Listening to this message this morning gave me more insight on the book of Revelation. It makes me strive to learn more about the last book in the bible. Dr. Woodrow Kroll for me has always has a "down to earth" way of teaching God's word.


What We All Got For Christmas
(Enduring Truth) with Paul Sheppard


I'm going to be honest, some people may not like this message and some may. Pastor Sheppard breaks it down giving the true meaning of Christmas. What's best about this message is that he encourages us to surround ourselves with people who walk with God is deeper than ours so we can really appreciate God's ways.


Technology:
Windows Weekly 44: 100 Million w00ts! &
Windows Weekly 43: The Release Candidate
(TWiT)

Yesterday while taking the grandkids to have their picture taking I had a chance to begin catching up on my tech podcast and I was drawn to Paul Thurrott's latest podcast with Leo Laporte. Love windows, hate Windows...we will come across this OS whether we want to or not. I truly enjoy the way Paul teaches the ins and outs of Windows. I have a Vista machine and while I have it I might as well try and learn some of the tricks on this OS. Whether or not it will be with us in the long time will tell but for now it never hurts to learn every now and then.

"Love prospers when a fault is forgiven,
but dwelling on it separates close friends."

~proverbs 17:9



No comments:

Post a Comment