Apr 22, 2007

This Is Why I Love Public Radio


A great podcast from "Speaking Of Faith" 4/12/2007

This is a wonderful podcast. Why do we as Christians allow others in our camp to paint us in a corner. Richard Cizik (of the National Association of Evangelicals.) asked this question in regards to his belief that God has given us domain over the earth and how it is being destroyed. I know God created this earth but I really enjoy science, love nature. Richard is interviewed by Krista Tippett. Mr. Cizik asked the question, "Why can't I be a Christian and care about the environment?"
Being a Christian is wonderful but it is a hard road to walk today and it not pressure from the outside world but from within our own camp. It's amazing how well known men like James Dobson (Focus on the Family) can cry out about abortion, gay marriage but keep silent on racism, sex outside of marriage, people living together outside of marriage and from what I learned from this interview oppose Mr. Cizik of caring for the environment? I love Mr. Dobson as a brother in Christ Jesus but sometimes I really think with him and many in his camp they fail to realize that all of these issues places a part in our world. This is my first time hearing of this gentlemen and what he believes in makes clear sense to me. I hope you get a chance to listen to this podcast or download it and give it some thought. To me I do not call Mr. Cizik a Christian...I call him a "Follower of Jesus Christ", which is a very good thing.

Enjoy.


(To listen to the interview now...go here or here)

No comments:

Post a Comment