Apr 27, 2007

Devotion and Reflection for Friday


“The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled.”
~Plutarch



I have to remind myself of this sometimes. Sometimes I get caught up in finding information that it becomes mechanical, even with God's word. Sometimes I have step back and remind myself how good He has been to me, how good he is to me now and how He is with me in the future. It's wonderful to know His love for me, to know that with Christ Jesus giving up His life for me that how I can not only have happiness here on earth but will be with God in Heaven and go to the new earth when that time comes.

Yesterday I was reminded that no matter how busy I become, I must put my Heavenly Father before anything and anyone. God knows I need him each and every day and when I realize how much he has in store for me it really puts me at ease. He reminds me that situation will arise, people will try and make you angry just because or they themselves are having a bad day and you are just on "lashing out" end of it and it may not be directed toward you personally. Sometimes by the way you carry yourself may uplift that angry person and you never realize how you have made that person's day.

The devotion from this morning makes me realize how not only reading God's word is a guide to life but I healer to my spirit. Knowing that when I am at my highest God knows I need him ever more and when I am at my lowest God's arms are there to comfort me. His word is not my own, His word is for me to share with the world how much He loves you and I. To follower of Christ Jesus...He is with you when you feel like you are in the battle alone and to the non-believer He wants you to know that if you just turn you life over to him it's so much He has in store for you and so much He wants to share with you.

Be Blessed, Be Safe
& have a Wonderful Friday. ^_^
~DarrenKeith

No comments:

Post a Comment