Mar 7, 2008

This Is Why It Pays To Research



Yesterday as I reformatted my hard drive for my Vista laptop I began installing programs that I truly like. I have always and at one time I was praising this little "browser that could", TheWorld Browser {http://www.ioage.com} a while back. I mention how small and fast it was but then yesterday as I was installing it my AVG antivirus software popped up and declared it was a trojan horse {Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.bajz} At first I was going to sound the alarms and put out a post advising not to install this program. I was feeling kind of down because I had recommended this browser but then after further researching I found this explaination on their {} website...

"The explanation for false alarms from security software
We have received reports from our members since yesterday, claiming that some security software (such as Avira Antivir, Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Filseclab) deleted TheWorld Spring and TheWorld 2.1 Final as Trojan (Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.bajz) by mistake.

After contacting the official support and engineers from Kaspersky Anti-Virus, we solved this problem with a database update.

However, at the present time still some users report that Avira Antivir, Filseclab and F-Secure have misreported TheWorld Spring and 2.1 Final as Trojan. This phenomenon may result from such security software’s reference to the virus base of Kaspersky.

We think that with the update of the virus base false alarms will be solved.
Please believe that TheWorld Browser is a safe and clean product without any virus or Trojan inside!

Best wishes!

Regards
Phoenix Studio
"
Even though Kaspersky Anti-Virus did not detect it AVG Anti-Virus marked it as a trojan horse. I will keep you all abreast throughout the day. On this.

to read the original forum click here

They advised the problem has been resolved but if you wish to wait a day or two to install that's okay as well because it is better to be safe than sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment