Oct 30, 2007

Reflections for October 30, 2007


reflection from Our Daily Bread's
Devotion, "Bon Voyage"

It's amazing how sometimes we think we can go over something numerous of times but you hear it taught another way and it gives new insight on that subject. I remember a while back writing a post on not fearing death because my believe in my Heavenly Father and knowing that He sent his Son to die just for me (that alone makes me joyful) but today's devotion makes me love life even more. It's really strange for me now that I do not pay much attention to our space program the way I did as a child. No, I'm not cynical about the program because last week I heard the teacher describe how the earth looked, how fast they travel around the earth (I believe she said they make a full rotation around the world in 90 minutes, that is so cool) but just knowing that who created this entire universe just blows me away.

When I look up at the sky, the clouds, the space on a clear night and just see the stars up there it just blows me away. Now imagine being in space and just seeing the entire earth, just sitting there, rotating in nothingness...I can not see how people can say they is no God. God is awesome, He is great, He loved us so much that He gives us free will not to follow Him nor believe in Him. Our pastor gave us a illustration on how God can not violate His own law. "If a person wished to get a ladder and climb to the top of the church and jump he will not and can break his law of gravity." By our pastor saying this he was giving an example on how sometimes people say, "If God was such a loving God, how could he send someone to hell?" God didn't create robots, he created you and to with free will, He has the angels for that just obeying everything he says.

When traveling you are more at ease when you know where you are going. Sure you can stray off the path from time to time for a scenic route, to check out things you have never seen before but knowing your true destination is a very good feeling. This is how I truly feel knowing that when I gave my life to Jesus Christ death has no victory over me. No, I do not carry myself in a way that I'm looking to "be with the Lord" right now and besides by Jesus Christ dying for me to be able to stand in God's presence when I die Jesus Christ also died for me to live life to the fullest here on earth. To be able to spread His Good News, to let people know that when God tells us "not to do something" He is not trying to keep it away from us but as our pastor said this past Sunday, "God knows what will bring us the most harm", at he's right and when I sit back and really ponder it. Everything I thought was "okay" to do but deep down I knew I did not need that in my life in the end it was truly a waste of my time. I'm not regretting or holding on to "shoulda, woulda, coulda"...on the contrary, I understand now when you get older how you try and let the younger generation know that there are some things they do not have to know by experience but learn from others mistakes.

For me when I realized that Christ Jesus died for me it allows me to live more freely because knowing that I do not have worry about where I go when I die and knowing that my life can be so fulfilling will here on earth is for me two major blessings for me.

Be Blessed, Be Safe, &
Have a Great Evening



No comments:

Post a Comment